IGNORED

Clutch Master Bleeding

Marcarl

Have you had problems bleeding your clutch master?

Did you have to tie the handle back for an overnight sit?

Did you pump bleed, vacuum bleed, pressure bleed, all to find out that your clutch still wouldn't work?

Well, that's what happened to us last night, so we needed a new solution and I think this would work for the brake master as well.

First make sure the reservoir is full of clean fluid. Then tap lightly with the plastic end of a screwdriver or what ever else might be handy that won't mar the master. As you lightly tap the the end of the master (see picture), slightly wiggle the handle. As you do this, you'll notice that air bubbles will rise in the reservoir. This is the culprit. Continue to tap and wiggle until all the air is out. If the rest of the system is free of air, you should have a working clutch within 2 minutes.

If you haven't bled the system of air, you can now attempt this. As we didn't have any air left in the lines or the slave I can't say what exactly would happen in such a case, and we were happy enough with our results not to try it from scratch.

Hopefully this will help in the future.

I thought all you first genners always:cool10: had to beat on those bikes to get them to run.

IT WAS a 2ND gen we we're hammering on!

First gen was sitting outside,,, thinking to itself,, when are you young bucks ever going to learn,,,, let go of that air and they won't need to beat it out of you.

That will work to remove small amounts of air trapped behind the banjo bolt. Actually just tweeking the lever without banging on the master works pretty good too. When I reverse bled a members clutch at Ft Collins, in not the greatest of conditions, I had to resort to 'tickling' the lever to get the dregs of air out. Haven't had to do it since.... MOF now that I think about it I bet your method would work better if you banged on the banjo???