IGNORED

Not willing to give up

I agree too, although somehow I think YammerDan may disagree! :D

That one is sharp just not the fastest color.:rotfl::stirthepot:

Good looking scoot Kurt. More Sea-Foam when you get it on the road and turn idle up to about 950 to 1150 and you will be surprized. If winter gets you down pull those Diaphragms and turn out lights and check them at night with flashlight to see if you have pinholes starting.

Rather than try to post a thanks to everyones single response i would just like to say thank you to all of you.

As far as my carb sync tool goes it is made of seven eighths clear plastic tubing, like the ones for a fish tanks under gravel filter system. i used 4 of them all connected at the bottom with ts and 4 short pieces of 3/16 clear tubing about 2 inches long coming up from the bottom. then filled about 1/4 of the way with atf.

I am working on everything that you guys have suggested so please keep sending ideas as rest assured i am working feverishly to get this thing running as many of you have told me it should.:stirthepot:

Again thankyou all very much

kurt:322:

..When i have to replace clutch plates am i understanding you correctly that the bearing is accesable without splitting the case?

The Pressure Plate is the first Piece you can see when you undo the Clutch Cover rear left of the Motor. There is a small Ball Bearing inside the Pressure Plate which is Part the Connection between Clutch Slave Cylinder and the Plate. This wears out when you pull the Clutch while stopping at a Light instead of shifting to Neutral and let the Clutch go.

The needle that i replaced was an oem factory yamaha replacement, same number as the rest it just came to more of a point iam assuming due to the others being woarn. Perhaps you knew that is what i meant and not that they were actually diffrent, so i should go back in and replace all four?:( Oh well atleast it is still winter and we have 22 inches of fresh snow on the ground.

As far as the mixture screws go i do have them set at exactly 2 and a quarter turns out.

the bike does not pop on decel at all just when holding a steady throttle about 2500 rpm while in neutrel when i look at the plugs all appear black with a touch of white at the electrode tip, now if that doesn;t counterdict itself i do not know what does.

Maybe i misunderstood your Posting. If you are not 100 Percent sure about the Needles being the same, then you better double check them. Maybe the previous Owner replaced them with others or a Jet Kit ? The Fact that you ordered the new one by Part Number does not say anything about the existing 3 other Needles.

You can't base your Thoughts on the Look of the Plugs anymore, since the Fuel is unleaded it all different.

I'd look at Vacuum Leaks and Seafoam the Carbs until the Snow is gone, then get out on the Road and put some Miles on it first. Of course, with proper balanced Carbs.

Well upon further inspection of my tci, after removing it from the bike i noticed that there was a tight plastic wrap around it, almost like shrink wrap. The wrapping had a factory yamaha sticker with numbers, not really ledgable anymore. Ifeel this must be normal as it has the factory wraping? however there is a lot of moisture and bubbling under wrapping which can't be good.

Still working out other issues please let me know what you think.

Kurt827

Well, to answer your original Question ...

I think you have a Ton of Things to check. Don't overdo it, because in the End you might not know where's the End or where the Beginning was.

Another Thing is, you better not open more than one Thread about your Issues as long as they seem to bet related to another. Not everybody reads everything and it might be hard to follow when one has to open several Threads about was has been done and what checked out fine.

As for the Moisture around and probably inside the CDI, GeorgeS has written down a Procedure about cooking the CDI in the Oven to get all the Moisture out of the Case.

you are just way to fast workin on this thing:rotf: I think people will give you a shout out here in a bit when they get home, or maybe later, do have to remember its Valentines Day so you gotta take care of the other love of your life or we might be sleepin in the garage with the motorcycle

I am so sorry guys i guess vi do not know what i am doing on here yet. I thought that it might be easier to read thru if people didn't have to muttle thru a bunch of posts to find out what is happening. So should i go back to the old thread or keep posting here?

I thought maybe you guys were tired of me already i forgot about valentines day:no-no-no: that will not be good as the wife of 15 years is due back real soon.

Again thanks for all of your help.

I will take the wrap off and try to dr it out according to GeorgeS suggestion.

You are probably right Squeeze i may be getting a little ahead of myself doing too much at once. I am planning a trip to Alaska with a friend and just want to make sure everything is ok. But first a trip to Pigeon Forge TN. and mountain view arkansas to pick up dad.

First of all thanks for merging my screw up Don

Randya, I will be headed to pigeon forge some time in april if weather allows. maybe we can hook up ?

Rocket, Thanks to you i was able to have just enough time to pull off a gift:cool10:

well took the tci out, removed plastic wrap, dried it out in the oven.

So far it seems to be running better; however, it still has that annoying backfire and miss. There is no exhaust leak. I think for now i am done until the weather gets good enough to give her a good hard run. But first i have to track down a small oil leak that seems to be coming from the crankcase where the stator wires come thru.