IGNORED

Passenger complaining about wind buffeting!

So I have seen some recent discussions about wind buffeting at hwy speeds. It reminded me that both my son and my wife have complained about that. I thought it was just normal on my 83. So my question is,.....Is it normal? Is there anything I can do to reduce it? Any aftermarket windshields that may help or wing add on's? What have other people had luck with?

I've heard some say that a shield vent helps. I got one, I can't say if it improved much or not for my wife hasn't rode with me that much, except she says there still is buffering.

Now I test drove a 2012 Wing last year and it definately had less buffering for me as the driver. It felt like the wind was gently going around me while my 91 VR with the tallest and widest clearview with a vent, the driver buffering from the side was significantly greater. Some VRs owners have installed wing-lets only they are expensive and used ones are hard to find.

We have an '08 Venture Trike and Don has put several different windshields on but I still get alot of wind and he doesn't. Mostly when he is following semi's. That's the worst!! Not sure what can be done about it. Just don't follow them very close and pass them as quickly as possible. This is from the "passenger" viewpoint. Just saying...

I put a Precision Plastics shield on, which is not only considerably wider but the outer edges bank more outward and my wife's enjoyment went way up, especially concerning helmet buffeting. They actually overlap the very inside of the mirror but I have never seen this an issue.

http://www.bergall.org/temp/venture/precision.jpg

Precision Plastics has a facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Precision-Plastic-Products/135594926461106

Perhaps try them there. Here is their email address: sales@precisionlexan.com

Toll Free: 1-800-245-3774

I checked their site earlier this Spring when Miles was looking for a windshield and the site worked then, but today it doesn't.:puzzled:

Edited by Prairiehammer

Yeah Michael, you can tell by the "wings" that it's a Precision product. It's tall AND wide.

It may not be the best for economy of gas but if the passenger is happy the driver's head doesn't get smacked as much.

One problem with the Venture is that in stock form, the wind spills over the windshield toward the trunk... without a passenger, some experience some strangeness at speed that can be relieved a bit if the trunk is removed, I've yet to feel this with the Precision unit as I'm sure it spills well aft of the bike at speed.

Edited by mbrood

So I have seen some recent discussions about wind buffeting at hwy speeds. It reminded me that both my son and my wife have complained about that. I thought it was just normal on my 83. So my question is,.....Is it normal? Is there anything I can do to reduce it? Any aftermarket windshields that may help or wing add on's? What have other people had luck with?

Some duct tape might help with the complaining...:whistling:

Sorry, my bad.

Bill

• 3 weeks later...
I bought a replacement from them last year for my 86VR.

Precision Plastic Prducts, Inc. (also called Precision Lexan)

111 E 8th St

Gibson City, IL 60936

(217) 784-4920

originally I had a note:

plastic-man.com

but that seems to be a dead addy

There was also an addy used...

http://www.precisionlexan.com

But that seems dead as well.

The website is back up.