IGNORED

Problem with my 84?? Please help

I have a 84 Venture 1200 that if giving more than slight throttle either slips or cluncks of some sort in second gear?

It only happens in second gear all other gears are fine. It does not seam to slip clutch and never completly comes out of gear. Does not grind any gears going in and out while shifting, Second is still there but has some sort of problem??

I am thinking it has to to with trans???

But not sure if noise is coming from trans or driveshaft????

Does anyone have an idea of what this may be?????

Would change of oil or some sort of adjustment help??????

Thanks in Advance!!!!!!!

Its starting to show signs of the infamous 2 gear problem that is very common among 83-85 first gens. They all go through it, they didnt correct it till mid 85. There is a fix and both involve pulling the engine and splitting the cases to either replace the split washer that is causing the problem or if you can come up with a tranny from an 86 to 93, it will drop right in, thats what I did with my 83, put an 86 transmison in it. There is a write up in the 1st gen tech section. I have posted the link to it below.

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=508

I have a 84 Venture 1200 that if giving more than slight throttle either slips or cluncks of some sort in second gear?

It only happens in second gear all other gears are fine. It does not seam to slip clutch and never completly comes out of gear. Does not grind any gears going in and out while shifting, Second is still there but has some sort of problem??

I am thinking it has to to with trans???

But not sure if noise is coming from trans or driveshaft????

Does anyone have an idea of what this may be?????

Would change of oil or some sort of adjustment help??????

Thanks in Advance!!!!!!!

Skipping second is most likley the plans tell it gets cold out by the sound of it!!

It sounds like a winter fix.

How hard are the parts to find?

Any leads on the parts??

Most likely if I have to break her down that far she will not go back stock!!!!!

Frame mods may happen!

Found several tranny's that would work, you want an 86 to 93. Go to the following link. You have to split the cases after you pull the engine. Not to hard, just need help pulling and putting the engine back in. Many like myself have done it before. As for skipping second gear, that will work, but it will still eventually go out on you, that's a little hard on the tranny, and second gear is soooo much fun to use on these machines. Good luck.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/Motorcycle-Parts-/10063/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=venture+transmission&_nkwusc=ventuure+transmisson&_rdc=1

Skipping second is most likley the plans tell it gets cold out by the sound of it!!

It sounds like a winter fix.

How hard are the parts to find?

Any leads on the parts??

Most likely if I have to break her down that far she will not go back stock!!!!!

Frame mods may happen!

Thanks

I really want to ride it now so we will see how long till second gives all the way out.

I am bizzy trying to get my shop in order now.

Tring to get a small machine shop going in it and framing and insulating walls so not a great time to tear in to her now.

Sounds like I can not hurt her to bad driving her since the whole trans will probly be replace with a 86 or latter to 93????