IGNORED

Ready To Go!!

bongobobny

Rather interesting day yesterday. Bike started kinda funny as we headed to B2's after cleaning off 800 miles of road crud. Stropped for gas and it wouldn't start! I was so livid I almost left Sexi in a mangled burning heap!!! Push started it and headed out. Got to Don's street and it started to rain. As told, the GPS dumped us at a spot in the middle of nowhere. We just passed a driveway so we turned around, no easy feat on the narrow paved cowpath of a road with a trailer and went up the driveway which was not fit for 2 wheels, glad I had 3. Got to the top of the driveway and was told it was the wrong place!! OK back on the road to the next driveway, staret to pull in and all I see is what looks like just a big tan shed so onward to the next place. Next place is 503, we are looking for 401, so continue on. Go a very long distance and find no houses. Stop, take helmet off, get cell phone out and call B2's. Bike is starting to misfire a little, battery is getting very low. Wife and I are screaming at each other. Find out that the driveway we were going into was the right one after all. They are laughing at us!! go up a ways to find a spot wide enough to turn around and we finally get there.

Upon investigation I find stator wires near my quick disconnects melted just like they did at the International last year. Trimmed and butt connected them all back together, everything is fine now. The rest of the day went great with fellowship with old friends and new ones as well. Great dinner, but pulled a muscle in my lower back when I got up to get food. So instead of going over to B2's afterwords we came back to the room. We brought along our massager with us for aches and pains so a little therapy and I'm as good as new today. Now to find breakfast then off to the party!!:group cheers::beer::group cheers:

Well, back to the room sunburned to a crisp, and a burn on my right leg. Note to self, do not ride with shorts and sandals without being careful not to hit a hot motor with your calve...

What a GREAT time!!! Lots of old friends and lots of new ones as well!!! Even mistakes turned out OK!!! For the ice cream ride the group split in two and we followed the wrong group but when we got to the DQ the second wave group just pulled in!!! I am discovering that early dementia is starting as there were a few old friends that I forgot I knew! Oh well, things finally clicked. Could't be that time erased memories a little, could it??

This may be our first B2 event but won't be our last! I'll keep you all (Y'all) informed...

OK we drove a little further than we anticipated, we are at the Hampton in Paris Tenn. Hit a sprinkle or 2 when we left, got rained on pretty hard going thru Cincinnati. Got rained on one more time past Louisville. We were going to stop at one place off I24 and asked how far to Murray, expecting to hear an hour or two but was told 45 minutes! Becky said why don't we go all the way, so we did!!

Yama Mama, we tooted as we went past, did you hear us?? We saw a big bunch of trees and figured that was where you live...

So tomorrow I'm going over to Hannigan to complain about my leaking trunk, and hit up Wally World. I also need a new set of cramp busters, mine both broke!

SORRY that I missed you Bob and Becky! I was in Kansas City helping our daughter move! Yes that was me in the trees. I hope you have a safe trip.

Yama Mama:happy65:

OK finally home today. Yesterday was an adventure to say the least. One throttle rocker broke, 2nd one fell off. Was going to stop at a Hampton just before the Cleveland bypass but decided to go a little further. A little further turned into a long way. Stopped for gas, found one listed in GPS so headed towards it. Little did the GPS know the road was closed!! Getting very irritated at this point. Start heading back, hit a bump and trailer wire gets shorted out killing headlight, running lights, and GPS! Finally get back on I90 and it takes almost an hour to go from the entrance to the next exit 6 miles away!!! Good thing there's a Hampton there and we get the room with the spa in it! Go for dinner, the steering will not go very far to the right!! Got to dinner, waited good 10 minutes to get seated, but dinner was great. Becky is getting PO'ed as she is missing Dancing In The Bars. Got back to hotel, found a screw jammed next to the steering lock tab preventing full turn. Actually a guy towing a nicely restored '28 model A found it. As he was pulling in with his trailered A he saw my handlebars move but didn't see me and thought he hit the bike! He was the one who found the obstruction on left side.

This morning at the Waffle House for breakfast (we were too late for free one at hotel) we just ordered and the power went out! They could still cook on grille so our waffle order became pancakes!! Hit NY and neede3d fuel. pulled off the exit, the sign pointed gas both directions, but no brand or mileage. Well, after going right and travelling 4 miles, I gave up, poured our 2.5 gallon reserve tank in trunk into the tank and went back to the highway. Made it home the rest of the way without incident.

total almost 1900 miles, lost two throttle rockers, blew headlight fuse twice due to shorts in trailer harness, and had stator wires overheat. Would I do it again?? You bet your bippie!!!

Glad to see you made it home safely Bob. We rolled in earlier this afternoon ourselves. Took our time getting here after leaving the B2's yesterday.

Time to renew the wiring on that trailer so you won't be going thru fuses in the future I'd say.

Larry

...total almost 1900 miles, lost two throttle rockers, blew headlight fuse twice due to shorts in trailer harness, and had stator wires overheat. Would I do it again?? You bet your bippie!!!

Was good to be able to meet some of you northern folks, your 1900 mi makes my 400 mi seem puny. Glad you made it home safe and sound. When I was wiring my bike/trailer up I was messing with trailer lights and shorted one out which blew a fuse on bike, thats when I switched to a powered converter (aka isolator). I could just see myself shorting out something on trailer going down the highway late at night in the middle of nowhere.

Meach

Yes, I have one of those on my 1st gen but with the 2nd gen I'm at the mercy of Hannigan who did the conversion. Time to undo yet another Hannigan shortcoming...

You're right about their wiring Bob. I can think of at least 3 others besides myself who have totally rewired the lights.

Larry