IGNORED

my first ride with stella

oldgoat

well the title came in to day at 9:am down to the DMV to get her ready. for the state of IL.1 hour latter she got her new plates and all her paper work done.:cool10: then back to the apartment to get the helmet put the plate on stella and the tab. told her lets get to know each other ok?

fired her up and off we went. took me a little while to the floor boards. as I have a size 10 foot and the boots have steal toes. hard to get the tip of the left boot under the shifter. but stella was very nice about it. soon got the hang of them board and off we went to the state park. where I had a soda and a hike. while she waited for me. then off we went again for a 70 mile ride to no place just go here and not care. as all roads lead home sometime. I must say she road like a dream. kevin aka leadwolf 56 and his better half took care of this bike and I am totally happy with this bike. all I been through in the last 2 years went away with just one heck of a ride. kevin and sue thank you. and you too eusa1 for hooking me up with them. I will go out again latter today as for this being my first ride. I am a little sore LOL. the total left knee replacement is not a year yet and it gave me a little hint that it was time to rest. and take the pain med. but did I say I was happy?:cool10:

Good you are back in the saddle ! :thumbsup2: The shifter is easily adjusted up so you do not have to twist your toe so far under. Two 10 mm wrenches and about 2 minutes and that shifter will be much easier to catch.

Knowing a bike has come from a good home makes it a lot easier to jump on and ride.

day 2 with stella. went real good. we took off with cloudy skies above but still 65 out side. got the shifter adjusted for my big boots. and headed off to see a small farm my grandparents had in Utica IL. all was good. then a little rain came. not bad. stella did not care. she just kept going. I pulled into a gas station. to do my thing. a bottle of water and seeing some rain . makes ya want to pee LOL. we took off stella and I

when about2 miles from home. stella acted funny? sure enough. when I was at the station my mind was on going pee. and I forgot. to put gas in stella. turn her to RES. she was fine. headed back to that station. filled her up. she was happy. and now we are home she is under her cover and I am waiting for more rain to come. if my figures are right she got close to 49mpg. average speed about 70mph. I love this bike.:cool10: