IGNORED

Customer Service- the Partzilla way

Weeks ago I ordered 3 items from these people. The total was $170. All 3 items were wrong- in spite of my sending a couple of followup emails to make clear what I intended. And being assured all was in order. So I obtained an RMA and returned them. Total shipping cost both ways equaled $40. The return shipment was posted on 4/09 and the USPS said it would arrive on 4/15. This morning I finally received a refund. For $129! They charged me a restocking fee! To fix their own error!!! Be warned! This company doesn't give a damn about the customer- they gonna get ur money! :225:

Its true. I for one, was gonna order from them. Not now, After what I have seen here. They should be afraid, very afraid!...LOL I'm off the road till june 1st. PENDOT says I was bad and let my ins laps. So Im gonna do my throttle cable, windscreen and a couple other things next month. Bike needs some TLC and this gives me a chance to do that. Then its off to Gods Country PA. woot! http://www.stonyforkcamp.com/

My experience with them has been very good. I'd buy from them again with no hesitation. They are now my first go-to place for Yamaha parts. I've purchased parts and pieces some 1/2 dozen times in the last 3 months with zero problems.

-Pete, in Tacoma WA USA

'83,88

How did you pay for these parts? Anything I buy over the internet I will either use Paypal with a credit card or a straight out purchase with a credit card. I DO NOT use my debit card. If I have a problem with a purchase, I will take it up with the credit card company and they will step in.

RandyA

Aside from that- the refund went into my PP account. Which means I must use it for other purchases or they will levy a fee on me if I try to extract it.

I don't think that's right. I send and receive funds through PP quite a bit and I simply transfer my PP account funds directly to my bank account. No fee has ever been charged for that.

Larry:

Mike K is correct. Paypal allows you to send your funds to a bank account that you set up. You can transfer funds to your checking account or savings account and there is no fee involved. I do it with two different accounts that I have with Paypal.

Jim

If it helps the overall context become more complete, it should be noted that Partzilla recently (last month) went through what seems like a software upgrade or internal restructuring.

I'm now at my fifth Partzilla order and everything went OK, but there's a clear difference between Partzilla looks/behaviour before about April 15th and after. I hope they do sort it out and come back on top, but they seemed to have real trouble with the IT part during April.

Having said that, the e-mail contact worked fine (biggest delay was 1 business day) and they always replied to my questions and also didn't mind just sending me updates on my order when their "Order status" page was not working or showing stale information. I even remembered I needed something extra on one of my orders and e-mailed them the same day to ask if that item could be added, and they did it.

Finally, about the restocking fee, it is clearly stated on their site that all returns will incur a 15% re-stocking fee, regardless of whom the fault lies with. Those are the conditions of trade and by ordering from them you have implicitly accepted them.

You could always file a PP claim.

If they state a 15% restocking fee then they still owe you 9%.

PP usually sides with the buyer.

The fee that you are thinking of is a fee that is charged to a seller. There is no fee to transfer funds from your PP to your checking. Some sellers will request that funds be sent as a gift so that they do not have to pay the sellers fee AND since it was a gift and not a payment for goods or services, you can not file a claim against the person if they do not ship or the item is not as advertised.

Well I would personally not deal with a company that will charge me a re-stocking fee for THEIR mistake. I probably would not have noticed that fine print and would be plenty miffed about it.

A few years ago, I had an Ebay seller try to charge me a re-stocking fee for an item that he didn't have in stock. I had purchased a $3,000.00 generator from a listing that clearly stated "In Stock and Ready to Ship". After I did the buy now, I got an email two days later that said the generators were on back order and it would be at least 60 days. I asked for a refund and was told that there would be a 15% restocking fee if I wanted a refund. I was a bit furious that he was trying to charge me a re-stocking fee for an item that he didn't have stocked to begin with. I filed a case with PayPal and after some bickering back and forth, got a full refund. One thing that saved me was the fact that Ebay policy stated that any items listed had to be available to ship within 30 days so he was violating the Ebay terms anyway.

After that, the seller added a note to his ads that stated that due to demand, there would be a 60 - 90 day delay in the shipment of the generators. That was still against Ebay policy so I watched his ads for about 6 months and kept reporting them and they would be removed by Ebay. I finally got tired of messing with him after that.

Edited by Freebird

First of all, I've no involvement with the Partzilla brand or whatever company is running it. I get no payment (as cash or as a discount on my orders) or other benefits from them whatsoever. My only connection with them is having placed 5 orders so far that were all dispatched in due time and with the right contents. Just so we get it out of the way :-)

Second, the terms are there for prospective parties to read and accept (by placing an order) or reject (by going somewhere else); just as someone can sell, say, a throttle grip on eBay for 1000USD, so can any online shop have any collection of terms -- nobody says that you have to agree with them and buy from that shop :-)

Maybe I'm too old fashioned, but I always read the terms (specifically: shipping and returns) every time my money is involved.

Most of their parts that say they are in stock are in reality not in stock. After 5 days I asked about my order and they said that most of it was on backorder.

Certainly never buying from them again. If a company lies by saying things are in stock when they really are not.

But the yamaha dealer in my town does the same thing. Call and they say the parts are there, go to pick them up and they say, "the parts will show in 1-2 weeks"

I'm curious, where exactly on the Partzilla page does it say anything about stock levels? :-) I only see MSRP and their price.

When you place an order, you get the "Order status" page where quantities are listed as "F" (fulfilled) or "B" (backordered) and it never happened to me to have things swing from the F column to the B one. Moreover, I twice requested partial shipment which meant all of the "F" items would get shipped that day with all the "B" ones shipping later when all of them arrive at Partzilla.

Not only it worked as advertised ("F" shipped fast and complete, "B" shipped later yet still complete), you only get charged shipping once.

From what I can see, I am in full agreement with the OP.

Why should anyone have to pay a restocking fee to the company for a mistake they made?

That's just obviously so wrong!

Unless they contest whose fault it is.

For example, you ordered the wrong part number and actually got what you ordered.

Then it's your fault.

But if they sent the wrong part and you were 100% in the right...then to charge you for their mistake is just wrong. Period.

:buttkick:

I have ordered from them and not had a problem. As someone else said, my order came in two shipments but I only paid one cost.

Now if they had sent me something other than what I had ordered, I would expect them to send me the correct part. I wonder if the restocking fee came about because of the order being totally cancelled rather than just requesting that the sent parts be exchanged for the correct ones.

A restocking fee is a fee that a company sets up for their extra handling of an item. No ground breaking information here. BUT since hence company put that policy into place they also have the option of relaxing those rules on a case by case basis. In this particular case they have chosen not to even though it was their fault in the first place. Sooooo, that being said, if they set rules as rigid as that then I say spend our money elsewhere.....

Edited by Ruffy