IGNORED

Hello. New RSV owner.

chag67

I have asked a few questions about accessories so far so I thought I would introduce myself now.

My name is Chris and I have been riding since March 2012. I purchased a 2005 Suzuki M50 Boulevard and loved riding it. I am 6'7" so I knew that if I loved ridiing that I would quickly have to upgrade to a larger bike to accommadate my size. Three months after buying the M50, I started looking around. I finally, after 10 months of researching, sitting on bikes, reading reviews, etc., decided to get a Venture. I loved the two toned blue and black of the 2007 and found a great deal in Birmingham at $10,500 earlier this month. I talked the dealership down from $11,999.

I purchased the RSV on Friday April 12th and immediately took it to Mobile (for a bowling tournament) that weekend. The ride on the interstate was such a huge improvement over the M50. The larger engine, the larger frame, the more comfortable seat, etc. It was such a pleasure to ride. I know I am going to put many more miles on the bike taking many trips to the beach with my girlfriend. I am definitely going to enjoy accessorizing this bike. A coworker told me that I sat ON my last bike, whereas I sit IN the Venture.

I am already scheduled to have new louder pipes put on and a new horn, plus a phone/ipod/GPS handlebar mount. That stock horn is embarrasing. And if I can get on Carbon One's list, I will be putting new arm rests on it as well.

Anyway, I wanted to say hi and look forward to meeting people here.

And if anyone can tell me where to get some windshield bags that fit the RSV, I would greatly appreciate it.

Welcome! The '07 black and blue is one of my favorite color combinations too, along with Raspberry and Tan and the MM edition. I'm sure you will find several great members in your general area. Try to make it to the Vogel M&E this summer, you will enjoy it. There is also a great time at Freebird's Maintenance Day early June in Oberlin Ohio and the International Rally this year in NW Illinois!

Once you put one accessory on your bike it immediately becomes addictive and you can't stop! We will be more than glad to find ways for you to spend your money on safety chrome and creature comforts!!

Welcome, and you live here in the south where we can ride year around (well most of the time):thumbsup2:. Folks up in snow country still getting the white stuff.:yikes:

I've had my 07 for about a year which I purchased mostly for the wife's benefit (kept my vtx but haven't ridden it much lately). In the process of adding a trailer to do some camping on the bike with the wife, now if I was solo wouldn't need a trailer. PO had already added a stebel horn, GPS, LED tail lights, highway pegs, clearview shield, and I hope to have my seat done in the near future and eventually arm rests & cup holder for the wife .:mo money:

meach

Welcome!

Us big guys need big bikes just to keep from looking like shriners riding their mini bikes!

Have you looked at handlebar risers yet?

Not yet as I've only had the bike for a little over a week.

Any recommendations for risers?

Is that something that I could do myself?

Is there enough slack in the existing wiring to accommodate the new length?

Welcome, I second the drivers backrest (utopia) and adjustable mount kurry hiway pegs. My preference. This lets you streach out and change positions while riding. All that chrome is a safety requirement. The rule is what does not make it go fast gets chromed....it is a rule. As much as the wallet will allow.

Bill

Just do a search for risers. There's lots of talk about them. I think Kuryakn made mine, but I'm not sure. And yes, just about anybody with an allen wrench could install them. Once I settled on the most comfy position, I took the bolts back out one at a time and dosed them with blue locktite. Big difference for my neck and upper back.

Ride safe.

I have a set of Barons 1 1/2" risers that I plan to take off this weekend...because I bought Flanders bars and longer clutch/brake lines & throttle cables. They have worked fine with the stock cables, but I'm sure the new bars won't, hence the new cables & lines. I don't expect to need them anymore...

I have a set of Barons 1 1/2" risers that I plan to take off this weekend...because I bought Flanders bars and longer clutch/brake lines & throttle cables. They have worked fine with the stock cables, but I'm sure the new bars won't, hence the new cables & lines. I don't expect to need them anymore...

Looks like a good thread to sell them!

The barrons amd gen mar risers are made by the same folks and are the same product!

Originally Posted by beltfed50 viewpost.gif

how much? Very interested....

Edited by wideopenrod
add more info