IGNORED

Is there a choke plunger setting? - MKII

I noticed that when I move my choke lever, the left set of plungers responds immediately, while the right 2 set's movement lags a bit significallently. When the choke is fully opened the left sets pulls out quite a bit more than the right 2 plungers.

I only see 1 screw for each plunger to tighten or loosen and that screw only seems to tighten the plunger bracket, but does not adjust the setting of the lever.

Or maybe do I need to bend the bracket a bit?

From what I recall (AFAIK) there is a connecting rod between the two banks that has angles for bending....... kinda like old lawnmower carb controls. This rod can be 'tweaked' to obtain equal action.

-Pete, in Tacoma WA USA

'83,88

Ya, I saw that connecting rod.

So I took the circle clip off the end of the rod and was able to tweek the rod and now all 4 plungers work together corectly.

The tricky part was to get the tiny circle clip off without it flying off and loosing it. So I put a shop towel under the carb and the engine. I took one of those electricial trouble shooting light. At one end is a clip and the other end is sharp and pointed. I took the sharp end and poked it in the slot away from the open clip end and applied some pressure. The clip came off gently.

Now to get the clip back in without loosing it. I was lucky with a needle nose and it snapped in with out flying off.

• Like 1