IGNORED

Keep the venture or move on??? Please give honest feedback...

Barrycuda

Thanks for all your wonderful feedback and great suggestions. I did forget to mention I have a utopia back rest. That said, you all seem to have had the cure by risers and other minor mods, so I will keep me raspberry ( its the fastest and coolest color ). Lots of great advice along with, me addressing this after 6 months. hadn't thought of it that way.Guess I got caught up in the " newness" of a new bike. Ok, time to order those risers and go from there. Thank you again for taking time out of your personal lives to interact with me. I truly appreciate it. This is the best forum.

Just a "been there - done that" suggestion; When you install the risers, DON'T put them in place and them try to pull the handlebars back enough to come over the top of the risers. Do pull the handlebars back (second pair if hands is preferred) just far enough to slide the risers in from the side. :backinmyday:

Brian, Rick, Wes, Reddevilmedic... All great suggestions. I do not use cruise when I am riding local and I make my own routes, which I need to be able to quickly stop if need be. Good point on second set of hands and will enlist some help. Seafoam... Hmmm.... You just may be on to something here. :whistling::cool10:

Just a "been there - done that" suggestion; When you install the risers, DON'T put them in place and them try to pull the handlebars back enough to come over the top of the risers. Do pull the handlebars back (second pair if hands is preferred) just far enough to slide the risers in from the side. :backinmyday:

Here's some pics of when I did my risers...

Place towel over gas tank and remove bolts

[ATTACH]75811[/ATTACH]

While holding the bars, slide first riser in from the side

[ATTACH]75812[/ATTACH]

Use a bit of blue loctite on the bolt threads

[ATTACH]75815[/ATTACH]

Put the cap back on and get the bolts started

[ATTACH]75813[/ATTACH]

Slide the other riser in from the side

[ATTACH]75814[/ATTACH]

Tighten it all up and you're done

[ATTACH]75816[/ATTACH]

You don't mention longer cables or brake lines. Not needed with the risers? :confused24:

Nope ... there is enough slack in the cables although you will have to stretch them a tad (take up the slack).

Some have even re-routed the cables slightly but I didn't have to.

Ok been there, the grass is not always greener on the other side. I started with a 1600 roadstar, nice bike....went to a 2000 venture, very nice bike, went to a 2008 raider...very nice fast bike, went to a 03 midnight venture...great bike, went to a 2006 tour deluxe midnight...good bike, now I wish I had one of my ventures back. I will actively search out a deal this fall. Think of how much money I would have today had I been a member here. Keep the check book in your pocket and ride.

Bill:backinmyday:

SilvrT...

That's a great tutorial and thank you so much for taking the time to put those pics online for me, and others. I am definitely keeping the venture. I will keep you posted when the project is under way...

Thanks again to EVERYONE for contributing your opinions and expertise. You all are awesome

:lightbulb:

Here's some pics of when I did my risers...

Place towel over gas tank and remove bolts

[ATTACH]75811[/ATTACH]

While holding the bars, slide first riser in from the side

[ATTACH]75812[/ATTACH]

Use a bit of blue loctite on the bolt threads

[ATTACH]75815[/ATTACH]

Put the cap back on and get the bolts started

[ATTACH]75813[/ATTACH]

Slide the other riser in from the side

[ATTACH]75814[/ATTACH]

Tighten it all up and you're done

[ATTACH]75816[/ATTACH]