IGNORED

rotor covers

just installed rotor covers on my 88 and when i tighten up calibers the wheel is very hard to turn so loosed off calibers and wheel turns freely, do u need to shim out the calibers on inside of forks to allow for thickness of rotor cover steel thickness

I ran into the asme issue when I installed my roto covers. I bought the roto covers used and it did not come with the new spacer. I'm guessing that you did not get the new spacer with it. also. I'll have to do some checking but I should have the proper measurements that needs to be taken of your spacer.

I think if you remove the caliper and push the pistons back in to caliper body just a little on the side that the rotor cover thickness was added.

Replace caliper.

This might allow pads to center on the rotor and eliminate drag.

Just a guess.

Gary

they are only available used as they havent been sold new in years. Check ebay and the classifieds here as some will show up from time to time. The important thing is to get the correct spacers that came with the kit or you will need to that your stock one shortened.

Hope that helps.

Rick F.

You also should consider changing the four incadescent light bulbs to LED... I got my amber wege bulbs fairly cheap at superbrightleds.com.

The incandescent heat up that enclosed lense and eventually the amber lens melts...

as all will agree... those amber lenses just DON'T show up for sale !!!

• 4 months later...