IGNORED

Surgery is scheduled..........

DragonRider

Went back to the Dr today and he reviewed my MRI, torn meniscus, will be having surgery on April 22, so I have to put up with the sometimes pain and always discomfort for almost 2 weeks, the 3 week recovery before I can return to work. Going on short term disability, what sucks is I also have to take 5 days of my vacation time, company policy. That really sucks there goes some of my time I was going to take for some meets. I will only have 5 days of vacation left for the rest of the year. I cant wait till I retire from this crappy company!

My company tried to tell me the same thing once. If I didn't use the vacation time I wouldn't get paid. I told them so what, I'll use my sick time up then go without pay for the rest of the recovery. Most of the time they say you have to use vacation time so you are still getting money coming in. They thought I was living paycheck to paycheck. I fooled them. Didn't use vacation time and took it all at a later date and had fun.

Best of luck on knee. Been there done that. After One blow up and three clean outs from the menicus flaking and tearing off, I have none left. No cartilage left either, just bone on bone. But it is worth it as the little flaps catch and bind in the joint it HURTS! but good part is it will feel better and easy recovery. Will be sore but easy recovery. Hang in there. Hard getting old but better than not...

Went back to the Dr today and he reviewed my MRI, torn meniscus, will be having surgery on April 22, so I have to put up with the sometimes pain and always discomfort for almost 2 weeks, the 3 week recovery before I can return to work. Going on short term disability, what sucks is I also have to take 5 days of my vacation time, company policy. That really sucks there goes some of my time I was going to take for some meets. I will only have 5 days of vacation left for the rest of the year. I cant wait till I retire from this crappy company!

Best wishes on a speedy recovery. Lots of companies pull this crap and mine is no exception. They force you to do that so naturally, THEY can save money at your expense. Geez.. You think the powers that be in corporate would do a better job of keeping valued people happy. Nope. As long as they get THEIR vacation.

Get well soon. That's the important part.