IGNORED

Riding is over.............

DragonRider

I wont be riding anything for a while, I have been experiencing some pain in my right knee, went to the Dr. and might have a torn meniscus. He wanted me to get an MRI, so I had an appointment to get one this morning. I had a shot in the knee on Tuesday and things were feeling a little better and I was going back to work on Monday, BUT, as I was preparing to go to get the MRI I started down the stairs I put my right foot down on the first step, it felt like an expolsion went off in my knee, it took me to the floor and the pain was the worst. I couldnt put any weight on my leg at all. I made it back to the recliner and I could not move my leg at all. I still have to make an appointment for the Dr. to see the MRI, but after some research and looking at my MRI and comparing it with some online, looks like its torn and worst case scenario is getting the knee scoped and off of work for 4-6 weeks. And this on top of the back surgery I am holding off having till I cant handle the back pain anymore. Sure am glad I have a trike now.........:crying::crying:

I wont be riding anything for a while, I have been experiencing some pain in my right knee, went to the Dr. and might have a torn meniscus. He wanted me to get an MRI, so I had an appointment to get one this morning. I had a shot in the knee on Tuesday and things were feeling a little better and I was going back to work on Monday, BUT, as I was preparing to go to get the MRI I started down the stairs I put my right foot down on the first step, it felt like an expolsion went off in my knee, it took me to the floor and the pain was the worst. I couldnt put any weight on my leg at all. I made it back to the recliner and I could not move my leg at all. I still have to make an appointment for the Dr. to see the MRI, but after some research and looking at my MRI and comparing it with some online, looks like its torn and worst case scenario is getting the knee scoped and off of work for 4-6 weeks. And this on top of the back surgery I am holding off having till I cant handle the back pain anymore. Sure am glad I have a trike now.........:crying::crying:

Sorry to hear this Lewis. Sending prayer's for a complete recovery.

You sure its not the ACL thats gone ? I had a torn meniscus and was off about a month.

Both my kids blew out their ACL's ...and that was a pain and took along time to heal after surgury.

Had scopes for torn meniscus in both knees over the years. One took 2 weeks before I was back to full duty the other took 3 weeks. I think I retore my left one but since im building up time for next years replacement ill just deal with the pain for now. Hope it all goes well for you, Lewis.

Wont know for sure till I see the Dr. have to call and get another appointment Monday. I hope it is the least damaging, I am going crazy already and I dont want to be out so much, might make me miss B2's Meet. I would hate to miss that.:crying:

Sorry to hear this Lewis. Sending prayer's for a complete recovery.

You sure its not the ACL thats gone ? I had a torn meniscus and was off about a month.

Both my kids blew out their ACL's ...and that was a pain and took along time to heal after surgury.

No way I will miss Vogel, whatever it takes 2 wheels, 3 wheels, or 4 wheels, riding or having someone push me, I will be there, cause if I aint there it ain't officially Vogel!!!!

Your right we couldn't Vogel without you. If need be I'm sure there is someone in the forum that has access to 18 wheels that could haul your whole kit and kaboodle including wheel chair if need be. Maybe we could life flight you to the Vogel parking lot if we have too. Get well, be kind to your knees, you will miss them when they're gone. Prayers for healing and comfort on the way.

Man, Lewis, you got that trike just in time. We can build a wheelchair lift for the back of it, get you a cripple sticker and you'll be set. :stickpoke:

I know we can get you to Vogel. Hell, I bet Muffinman would come put you and your wheelchair on a trailer behind the Blonde and tote you there himself! (You'll just have to make a 3 hour detour to hit Jack-In-The-Box!)

Get better Buddy, and let me know if I can do anything for ya.

I dont know if I want to ride behind Muffinman, dont know if you remember it or not, but at the last one he dumped the blonde right behind the registration table trying to park it.............now that was funny!!:rotfl::rotfl:

Thanks for all the well wishes everyone, it could be worse, but the last surgery I want to have is on my knee.......:crying::crying:

Man, Lewis, you got that trike just in time. We can build a wheelchair lift for the back of it, get you a cripple sticker and you'll be set. :stickpoke:

I know we can get you to Vogel. Hell, I bet Muffinman would come put you and your wheelchair on a trailer behind the Blonde and tote you there himself! (You'll just have to make a 3 hour detour to hit Jack-In-The-Box!)

Get better Buddy, and let me know if I can do anything for ya.

With my meniscus completely torn I walked out of hospital the day they fixed it. I guess somebody should have told me I wasn't supposed to do that. I do leg presses with 450 lbs?? I spent enough time with that blasted walker and crutches!!:whistling:

No way I will miss Vogel, whatever it takes 2 wheels, 3 wheels, or 4 wheels, riding or having someone push me, I will be there, cause if I aint there it ain't officially Vogel!!!!

I must say I have to agree .......:thumbsup2:

Here is to wishing you a great recovery and living pain free.

Lewis, let me know if you need any help with the prep work for Vogel?

I know the new Park Manager at Vogel Cliff Tippens fairly well and might be able to find a caterer for Saturday. The BBQ place you used 2 years ago is gone, but there is an other BBQ place called Smoking Gold that is excellent.

Yeah I know they closed thats why I used a different one than before, the one I used the first time was in Dahlonaga, and the other was in Flowery Branch, I plan on using them again if they will do it, if not I might give your guy a try. Thanks.

Lewis, let me know if you need any help with the prep work for Vogel?

I know the new Park Manager at Vogel Cliff Tippens fairly well and might be able to find a caterer for Saturday. The BBQ place you used 2 years ago is gone, but there is an other BBQ place called Smoking Gold that is excellent.