IGNORED

Torn between two Venture's.

Its hard to find low milage 1st gens for less than $3000. I recently found my blue 1990 with 27,000 miles on Craigslist for $2200, so deals are out there for those that wait and look.

As far as bling you need to decide if it is stuff you want or will be trying to sell on Ebay later. Highway pegs, trailer hitches, backrest, luggage racks will each add to the cost of a cycle if you want to add them later.

Ride safe!

Roy

I am going to give the 1990 VR one final checkup on Saturday, and if it passes, I will bring it home. That is, if the roads dry out enough after the snow we are supposed to get on Friday. I don't really want to drive through slush and salt for 70 miles.:fingers-crossed-emo

I am going to give the 1990 VR one final checkup on Saturday, and if it passes, I will bring it home. That is, if the roads dry out enough after the snow we are supposed to get on Friday. I don't really want to drive through slush and salt for 70 miles.:fingers-crossed-emo

I myself would take a closer look at the one in Texas with the trailer for $2800. I'd fly down and ride it home...

Put some $$$ down on it and maybe he would hold it until the weather got better...

:sign yeah that:

I myself would take a closer look at the one in Texas with the trailer for $2800. I'd fly down and ride it home...

Put some $$$ down on it and maybe he would hold it until the weather got better...

I am NOT going to Texas for a motorcycle. I am, however going to go pick one up tomorrow. My only question now is am I going to freeze my *%$ off on the 70 mile trip home. Most of the snow should be melted off the roads, but the high is only going to hit 38 degrees. I am sooo tired of waiting for spring. I mean, COME ON!

I am NOT going to Texas for a motorcycle. I am, however going to go pick one up tomorrow. My only question now is am I going to freeze my *%$ off on the 70 mile trip home. Most of the snow should be melted off the roads, but the high is only going to hit 38 degrees. I am sooo tired of waiting for spring. I mean, COME ON!

congrats on finding one you like.

38 is doable if you dress for it.

Dress in layers.

Good boots.

good gloves.

full face helmet.

Close the dash vents

close the vents in front of your shins.

open the vents in the side panels to bring up engine heat.

I have ridden my venture down to 20 degrees

Thanks for that advice. It's just what the PO told me to do, too. It wasn't bad at all. 65mph down the freeway and I didn't even get a chill. At 55 I had my visor open. So, now that it is home,:cool10: I'll start a new post with pictures of my new baby, after a little cleaning.

Now I need to get my membership paid up, before I forget.