IGNORED

Tires

rougeray

It’s time to change my front tire and I have been reading the comments about switching to the 130. I’m 5’ 9” 190 lbs and it’s a handful steering and handling the bike at slow speeds. I’ve opted to go ahead and stay with the 150 though.

My question is I have used Metzelers since the OEM tires wore out. I like Metzelers but I’m not real happy with the mileage with the rear tire. Lots of good comments about mileage with the Dunlap E-3’s. I have used the Dunlap Touring Elites on a 750 Honda and was happy with the mileage. It was a hard compound tire which gave you good mileage but did not handle as good in a turn as the Sport Elite which had a softer compound which of course did not give you the mileage. Any comments would be appreciated. Also the last tire I bought was through Chaparral Motorsports. Fare price and quick delivery. Does anyone have a store they prefer to purchase tires?

:bikersmilie:

Another E3 fan here...have used others, but the E3's have given me the best wear and agressive feel in the corners. Also dropped to the 130 on the front and noticed a huge difference in high speed cornering and slow speed handeling. Also in conjunction to leveling links in the rear. A must do!

My 02 is getting Venoms on it as we speak (type) Front is on rear has just been pulled off. I have heard a lot of good on them. My 86 I have had Metzlers on for a few years and LOVE them. I hope the Venoms will be as good or better, that review will come later.

Oh and the Venoms were $25 cheaper, every buck helps right after buying a 3rd bike.