IGNORED

Not real impressed!

ken

Ken, you might check some of the harley boards for a suggestion on more room.

Stock you can move the tourpack back about 2 inches. Kuryakyn also sells a kit to move the pack back. Are the passanger floorboards in the lowest position? They are adjustable I think.

This guy gets good reviews on a tourpack kit on other forums:

George Anderson

Moline, IL

Home: 309-762-6291

Cell: 309-236-0952

I have a set of Kuryakyn adjustable passenger pegs on mine that my wife really likes. She seldom uses the foot boards - go to passenger solutions to find the right set.

Guess the point is, you might want to try a few things before selling, but bottom line is if you aren't happy with the bike - and more importantly if your wife isn't happy - get something else.

Even though you saved 3500, you might loose a buck or two. Even with very low miles, its still used. If someone has to finance the 3500 will not make a huge difference in monthly payments. For someone paying cash, the discount would be attractive.

Here are the latest specs.

------------2008 HD top tourer----------- 2008 Venture

length -------------------98.3"------------------- 104.5"

wheelbase ---------------63.5" --------------------67.1"

dry weight -------------814 lb. -------------------807 lb.

fuel capacity ------------6 gal. ---------------------6 gal.

need I say more!

Oh yes HD price $20,695 Venture $17,299

Where do the Goldwing specs fall in comparison?

Owned an 89 Electra Glilde, bought it new, put 65k on it. great handling, simple to work on, though nothing ever failed but a voltage regulator, reliable as anything I have owned and have had many.

Sold it in 1994 when move to Alaska Bush because no roads there to ride on.

Went into dealership 2 years ago to look at new one when moved back to lower 48. Startling how much smaller they are now.

Couldnt even come close to imagining putting in a day on that little bike, with my 6'6" frame, especially with wife 2 up and she is average size.

I whined and complained, while we explored the modifications in the seating, tour pak relocation etc. Finally the salesman admitted they had changed the frame on them, though it was obvious to me it was not just the seat and tourpak location.

Bought the VR's and never looked back. Though not perfect they are more comfortable, especially 2 up, wife now spoiled and rode on the HD a lot, more powerful, and when I ride I get as much attention as when had the Harley, which did surprise me.

Seems ironic that the manufacturer of bikes whose original clientele were often thought of as larger than life in both physical size and attitude now builds one of the smallest full size touring bikes.

Dont get me wrong here fellas, I'm not bashing a Harley, just the dealer with his arrogance. If this program is a special deal and there has been abuse in the past from whoever, then eliminate the program.

My biggest problem is that there are MANY H/D dealers like this. Just because we decide to ride a rice burner they have an issue with us. I dont care what anyone rides, but it's obvious that the Ultra is not what it was thought to be and the RSV fit better. I'm just not a fan of stupid people, and there seems to be quite a lot more of them around :whistling:

....Off the soap box, not trying to start any problem with it :confused24:

I've had a few Harleys & loved 'em at the time. BIG noisy 2-bangers sounded like huge power. Had a LOT of fun on HDs.

In 1974 I ordered a new one, but they went on strike, so I found a '73 Super Glide, fully customized, with few miles on it & rode it into the ground.

I'd like to have one of those lil Sportsters to zoom around town for myself, but budget won't work.

That was a different kind of fun.

Now me & wife are older & like comfort & comfort with some comfort.

Since we are both over 5'11", our choice is Yamaha & Honda for Touring.

I love the RSVs & Wings, both....so the best price wins. :)

Went to London Ontario to the motorcycle show on Sat. and they had a 2008 Venture on display at Hully Gully (cycle shop). The price on the sticker was $28,000 + tax,etc. They left off shipping for the show deal. Walked around and saw a fully decked Harley Electra Glide Ultra Classic for a outrageous price of $23,345. Seems to be a big difference price wise between U.S and Canadian.