IGNORED

Hi Ho Hi Ho It's off to......

Dragonslayer

work I went today... 1st day on the new job today after 8 months of forced vacation and daytime TV watching.

Today went great with orientation for benefits, IT (email training) and off 1 hour early on my first day since my boss was bugging out early and they did know what to do with me for that hour.

The job is actually a state job with all of the state benefits and retirement programs. Among other things I was given the paid Holiday schedule which amounts to 14 paid holidays including, Robert E. Lee's birthday, Confederate Memorial day and Columbus day. Plus three weeks per year sick/personal leave and 3 weeks per year vacation. Evidently April 1st April's fools day is not a recognized paid holiday. But, I did get off an hour early. Eligible for retirement in three years when I turn 60. Starting with 8.8 weeks paid leave per year. Much different from my life in the corporate world.

My office is a nice big executive office with massive mahogany furniture instead of a small desk in the corner of a boiler room.

They said dress code was business casual which I interpreted as Kakies, oxford shirt and tie which made me stand out as the most over dressed person in the building. Evidently business casual means blue jeans and polo shirts.

My bosses and co workers are bikers and Walking Dead, Duck Dynasty fans.

I think I'm gonna like it here.:dancefool: