IGNORED

Went on a Harley demo ride this morning...

Guest Swifty

Guest Swifty

...and came home with this.....

....continued disbelief at the thinking that must occur in some people's minds to cause them to go from whatever they're riding to something worse!

...a newer bike that isn't smoother.

...a bigger engine that isn't faster.

...signal switches that still aren't on the correct side (I mean, even BMW has seen the light)

It is the same thinking that I figure someone must go through that would cause them to go from a VR to an RSV. But to consider the drugs a brain must be on to go from a VR to a Harley ...well...as I can say is Intervention required big time. Why do people continue to accept less for their dollar? Can these brains ever be rehabilitated? I realize it would cost America thousands of jobs, but still. We don't accept fewer apps when we purchase cell phones or slower CPUs when we buy computers, or shakey video we purchase TVs. Why do people accept this when it comes to motorcycles? It all just boggles my mind.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...and came home with this.....

....continued disbelief at the thinking that must occur in some people's minds to cause them to go from whatever they're riding to something worse!

...a newer bike that isn't smoother.

...a bigger engine that isn't faster.

...signal switches that still aren't on the correct side (I mean, even BMW has seen the light)

It is the same thinking that I figure someone must go through that would cause them to go from a VR to an RSV. But to consider the drugs a brain must be on to go from a VR to a Harley ...well...as I can say is Intervention required big time. Why do people continue to accept less for their dollar? Can these brains ever be rehabilitated? I realize it would cost America thousands of jobs, but still. We don't accept fewer apps when we purchase cell phones or slower CPUs when we buy computers, or shakey video we purchase TVs. Why do people accept this when it comes to motorcycles? It all just boggles my mind.

But it's a Harley:whistling::confused24:

Famous Hell's Angel Sonny Barger does not say nice things about Harleys in his book, Let's Ride. He does say he rides only American made, now has a choice, and rides a Victory.

For whatever that's worth...

They buy because they have drank the HD (hundred dollar) cool aid. Marketing has convinced people that its the best yada yada and they see the stuff everywhere. HD t-shirts, sunglasses, dog clothes for cripes sake!!! And people PAY THEM tho advertise for them.

That's the same bike I would have bought BUT $30,000 ++++++ was one of the MAIN reasons not to buy along with THE HEAT! Otherwise really nice bike. Main thing I did like was the frame attached fairing and dual headlights.

BUT am NOT sorry I bought 2012 Venture!

Let's ride!

They don't depreciate. As long as people are willing to pay your money is safe. Its an investment u can ride. Whether its a better bike is beside the point. And its like.........a rolling bling display!

Just like the housing bubble - they only go up in price!

Seriously - it's not a motorcycle, it's a life style platform. Instant identity, logo clothing, accessorize without end. The Barbie dream house of motorcycles. Laugh, but they're lugging the cash home. :stirthepot:

They don't depreciate. As long as people are willing to pay your money is safe. Its an investment u can ride. Whether its a better bike is beside the point. And its like.........a rolling bling display!

Tell that to my cousin who wanted to trade his 2012 Ultra Classic toward a new Screaming Eagle Ultra Classic ($36,000) The deal they offered gave him about $16,000 for his bike. Less than 1 year old and about 12,000 miles.

LOL

My cousin has a pos 81 AMF Harley. I don't know of any company that consistently failed more than AMF. Geez...what junk they built.

In any case, like the op said, it's underpowered, overweighted, handles like crap, vibrates like hell, is noisy as heck, and simply can't be relied upon to get from point A to point B.

But, as he says,....IT'S A HARLEY.....which in HIS opinion makes him cool, and the only real biker in the bunch.

When he rides with us I always take along a tow rope.

I think every once in a while that I like the looks of the second gen, (a Hardley Davidson), and I'm sure they're fine bikes, but I'm so darned happy with my 87 standard that I can see no reason to change, regardless of price.

Harleys.....you can keep 'em.:stirthepot::cool10:

Guest Swifty

If you think I came home with it, you have to read the original post again more carefully....(Miles)

At 9:30AM it had 145 kilometres on it. He told me to ride it, to continue to break it in, and that he was going to close shop at 7PM, and that nobody had the bike booked after me...I just love it when they give "serious" buyers like me this kind of freedom to make major purchase decisions, and for that they are to be nicely complimented. But with every passing mile, with every scaringly slow pass at full throttle, with every stop light that numbed my arm trying to hang onto the grips that vibrated like jack hammers (yes, I know what a jack hammer feels like), hour after hour I was thanking the dealership for helping me decide what I didn't want to buy. I keep returning to them every year...for some reason I forget what I decided last year about the brand. So we have developed a symbiotic relationship...I make sure that their bikes get properly broken in and they help me decide what I don't want to buy. All is good.

:)

Marketing is the big wheel here. They want you to know that if you ride anything else, you might as well support communism. Truth is, many of these parts and definitely the clothing and apparel are made OUTSIDE OF THE SAME UNITED STATES they claim to be a leader in American industry. Last biketoberfest my wife was on my a$$, about pointing out the HD clothing was made elsewhere. She was bothered BC I said it to the staff. Just asking...

People find it easier to be like sheep and follow the herd, then to break away and be told you are not accepted...( see facebook/ twitter) I am not saying...I'm just saying...

It's an investment you can tow around. Much like a suitcase full of cash, only without the oil leak...:whistling:

Edited by Barrycuda

The only bike with reverse that had room for my stiff leg :sign yeah that:

The only bike here in Australia that I could get an official trike kit put on and not void warranty :sign yeah that:

Even though legs are bad does it allow me to keep riding :sign yeah that:

Don't really care what badges are on it...... but is it a Harley :sign yeah that:

Do I have a bloody good time on it.. YOU BETCHA!! :sign yeah that::smile5:

Marketing is the big wheel here. They want you to know that if you ride anything else, you might as well support communism. Truth is, many of these parts and definitely the clothing and apparel are made OUTSIDE OF THE SAME UNITED STATES they claim to be a leader in American industry. Last biketoberfest my wife was on my a$$, about pointing out the HD clothing was made elsewhere. She was bothered BC I said it to the staff. Just asking...

:whistling:

Ah yes Barrycuda