IGNORED

New RSV-S

Ride2much

When does riding season start in Edmonton ? Same time as Winterpeg ? LOL............... . 2013 RSV's all run between $19,995 - 21,995$

It doesn't look like riding season is going to be any time soon, as we had a major storm today that dumped over 20 centimeters on us. Pissing me off daily lately, as I so desire spring like weather.

On my way to work this morning at 6am (-4C/25F and light snow falling) I saw a guy on a bike with a sidecar. Roads are icy and yet he was out.

Sorry.... won't catch me out until the roads have been washed by rain a few times to get rid of the salt and sand.

NO better bike than the Venture !!!!

It's sad that this is not true , I loved my 04 but I wouldn't buy a brand new 04 for 20000+ when I paid 15000 brand new for the same bike. I'm not tring to belittle the RSV I'm just still pissed that they haven't upgraded the thing.

It's sad that this is not true , I loved my 04 but I wouldn't buy a brand new 04 for 20000+ when I paid 15000 brand new for the same bike. I'm not tring to belittle the RSV I'm just still pissed that they haven't upgraded the thing.

I agree, why buy a new RSV when it has not changed since 1999? As long as poeple keep buying them new, why change them? If you look the bike over, take it for a spin, you can tell if it has been well maintained. As far as the RSV being the best bike out there...my 07 is the only one I have ever had so I cannot make that statement. I do know my brother in-law (who is a member here) just traded his Midnight in on a new Victory the other day. I have stated before that if I was in the market for a new scoot, I would look elsewhere. I could not plunk down 20k for a bike with a cassette deck in it. It just goes against my grain. There is absolutely no reason Yamaha cannot offer a direct replacement for the cassette. They can build a gauge pod to fit right in there with all the hook ups. I bet alot of those units would get sold.

Hey Eddie...Lets see which bikes depreciate the fastest..their RSV'S or our Harley's....:stirthepot: :Laugh:

The main reason I didn't buy a venture is because they didn't upgrade it over the years.

RSV is a great bike, just think how much better it could be with upgrades.

As for the original post....If I wanted new and color wasn't an issue, I would look for a leftover.

I agree, why buy a new RSV when it has not changed since 1999? As long as poeple keep buying them new, why change them? If you look the bike over, take it for a spin, you can tell if it has been well maintained. As far as the RSV being the best bike out there...my 07 is the only one I have ever had so I cannot make that statement. I do know my brother in-law (who is a member here) just traded his Midnight in on a new Victory the other day. I have stated before that if I was in the market for a new scoot, I would look elsewhere. I could not plunk down 20k for a bike with a cassette deck in it. It just goes against my grain. There is absolutely no reason Yamaha cannot offer a direct replacement for the cassette. They can build a gauge pod to fit right in there with all the hook ups. I bet alot of those units would get sold.

One good reason about the cassette deck ................

[ATTACH]74994[/ATTACH]

Edited by AngryAmish