IGNORED

Ignitech TCI purchase opportunity

I cannot get PM to work either and I cannot view profiles for numbers. I figured it out though I am not a paid member as of yet. but I want one very badly. do I need a MAP sensor as well or do I just plug in and route the vacuum line like i read in the earlier posts?

Not trying to bother you just trying to figure out what all I need to buy so I can ride

MAP sensor is included. This MAP is a 5V based system which is in line with what TCI expects. 24" of new vacuum hose is included.

You could use the existing vacuum sensor on bike. It would require reconfiguring adapter cable wiring & TCI would need reprogrammed.

Gary

Hello Gary.

Can you tell me how many millions of dollars for shipping in France.

thank you

Chris

$28.00 extra for insured shipment, 6-10 business day delivery.

Your profile shows a 99 RSV, I will be attempting to test one of these on an RSV, I have some cables coming with RSV connectors in place.

At this point though they are intended for 1st gen Ventures & VMax's.

I also have a fuel injection unit coming with this order. I have a VMax guy that lives 15 miles from me that wanted one. He is already using one of the TCI's I am getting on a turbo VMax. He has a dyno. 200+ RWHP. He said he will be sharing what he learns from dyno testing. Last I heard he was over a hundred runs fine tuning TCI setups for his bike.

Gary

Edited by dingy

I also have a fuel injection unit coming with this order. I have a VMax guy that lives 15 miles from me that wanted one. He is already using one of the TCI's I am getting on a turbo VMax. He has a dyno. 200+ RWHP. He said he will be sharing what he learns from dyno testing. Last I heard he was over a hundred runs fine tuning TCI setups for his bike.

Gary

You might wanna make sure Squeeze hears about this part......

• 2 weeks later...

It is at three weeks now since I placed order & paid for them. Sent them an email Thursday, with no reply yet.

They are difficult to deal with or rush. 1st time I did this, I sent them money, waited for a couple of weeks, then I could not contact them at all. I found out that in August, they shutdown and go on vacation for a week or two. I was panicking on that one. A VMax guy in Poland let me know about them. When they got back, I got TCI's.

Last time I did this, they shipped them within a week.

As soon as I get shipment notification I will let you know. They use DHL to ship so it doesn't take long. Customs clearance is only other obstacle. Usually, they go right through. Last time there was a day delay when they questioned classification of shipment.

I have everything else for these.

Gary

Fellow riders, I'm looking for a TCI box in working order or someone that can refurbish this boxes. I heve 2 of them causing trouble. I can't afford an Ignitech unit at this time.

Thank you for your time.

They can't be "refurbished" when the Diode goes it blows up several other components that can not be replaced. Your best bet is to find a working one and then have someone fix the flaw by replacing the diodes with ones that will not disintegrate. Problem is, that will cost as much as an Ingitech.

Any chance he can let you have some dyno time to maybe get a bit more out of your current tune settings?

TCI's were ordered Monday, They may ship late next week is what I was told.

I already have new MAP sensors, and other small items.

I have several extras of these still available.

I am working with a guy on the VMax side to use one of Ignitech's Fuel Injection controllers on a VMax. He lives about 15 miles from me and has a Dyno in garage. He's doing work, I am getting FI controller that will do what he is trying to accomplish.

Same guy already has one of the units I am selling and has it on a turbo charged Vmax.

Gary

• 1 month later...

Gary,

I see that you're just down the road from me in Mansfield. (I'm in Akron.) I think I might be in need of one of these TCI thingy's. :)

Do you have anymore left? And if you do could I maybe come and pick it up from you sometime? Since I'm so close.

Please contact me via my email addres: jherman312@hotmail.com

I read that more than anything else.

Thanks so much.

~Jack Herman

• 1 month later...

Hello all, I just wanted to chime in here about these tci's. I ordered 1 from Gary and within a few days I had it in my eager little hands. I had already moved my TCI wires up to the airbox so installation was a snap. Gary sent a great package of stuff. The map sensor was already wired to the TCI which was a BIG help. The TCI was already loaded with the program for my '83. He also sent dielectric grease, Velcro, alcohol pads (for cleaning the plastic before using the Velcro), zip ties for the wires, pins, connectors, a cap for the #2 cylinder port that the original vacuum line goes to, etc., along with a cd with a lot of info and the ability to adjust the settings if you buy the cable to hook up to a laptop, and excellent instructions. I had it all hooked up very quickly and had all 4 cylinders firing. I had been messing with original tci off my bike, and one off my parts bike. I'm glad I spent the money on this updated TCI. Well worth the $265 and $15 for the cable. Gary did a good job thinking of everything you might need to do this job. So if you are toying with the idea of getting one of these units I would highly recommend that you do. I spent so much time jacking with those 26h-10 units I wish I would have ordered one of these from the get go. I just saw one of the original 26h-10's on ebay for $225!! and there's no guarantee that it work's. Glad I've got the Ignitech. I'm in west Texas and it's actually been raining for a couple days now but it's going to be an excellent weekend for riding and I'm dam sure gonna be doing just that!! Y'all keep your face in the wind:bluesbrother: