IGNORED

what to do with old helmets

Eddie

Im going to buy some new helmets this year and im wondering what to do with the old ones. I think I have 5 or 6 that I dont use . Has anyone found a good home for their old ones. Maybe some cool flower pots or soup bowls.

Edited by Eddie

I suggest we all gather up our old helmets, and then have a weekend meet & eat in a convienent neighborhood, and we make table or hanging lamps out of them, then sell them for Saint Judes............ :cool10:

Drill a hole in the top, insert a $3.00 lamp socket, wire it up and wham-o...

I just called our City Engineering dept who is in charge of such things and they didn't know... so they called the government recycling people and apparently old helmets are NOT recyclable (at least here) because they are made up of so many different materials ... they are "just garbage" they say.

fwiw, the City of Burnaby (where I live) has a very good and modern recycling program.

I suggest we all gather up our old helmets, and then have a weekend meet & eat in a convienent neighborhood, and we make table or hanging lamps out of them, then sell them for Saint Judes............ :cool10:

Drill a hole in the top, insert a $3.00 lamp socket, wire it up and wham-o...

How about table lamps too like they do with football helmets?

Im going to buy some new helmtes this year and im wondering what to do with the old ones. I think I have 5 or 6 that I dont use . Has anyone found a good home for their old ones. Maybe some cool flower pots or soup bowls.

Like this?[ATTACH]74881[/ATTACH]

Why do I find it so hard to get rid of the old skid lids? I buy a new one but never seem to want to get rid of the old ones? Last couple I cut the straps off and chunked in the trash can. I saved the buckles and have some web strap I sew together and it makes a pretty good tie down on the bike

Why do I find it so hard to get rid of the old skid lids? I buy a new one but never seem to want to get rid of the old ones? Last couple I cut the straps off and chunked in the trash can. I saved the buckles and have some web strap I sew together and it makes a pretty good tie down on the bike

Thats what I cant figure out, Im not a pack rat so Im not sure why I dont just put them in the garbage can. I do like Ecks idea I will send them to him. haha

You may be onto something there Bob. What about using them in some kind of road bowling game, redneck style...:sign20:

How about using them @ MD's for games. I was at a car show last year where they were playing games such as throwing a fan belt, the throw ed rod contest, chunking spark plugs instead of washers.

the best part after the games and MD leave them @ Freebirds for next year.:rotf::rotf::rotf:

When I read the part about games thats what I was sort of thinking. Instead of a cow chip throwing contest you could use old helmets. Or take an old tire and chunk helmets at it and see who gets the ringer dinger. sort of like horseshoes.

Now this is some progress like congress needs to make. Putting heads together to figure out a soultion to the problem instead of a way to spend money you dont have to create new ones.

Wow! Maybe there's hope for a happy ending for my Old Vetter full face. I've had that since I was racing in my 20's. Dug it out when I bought my HJC a couple years ago. Lot of memories in that bucket.

Maybe a Helmet Chucking contest would be a fitting end for it. :sign20: