IGNORED

Received this from Miles..............

DragonRider

OK, I received a pm from Miles in regards to the bidding on the St. Jude Venture, this is just part of it, I have edited it to protect the innocent................LOL

By the way this auction has 14 days left, it ends on....March 31, 2013!!

Lew, you may want to promote the St. Jude auction bike a little, as the bids have not gone up for the past 10+ days. I know that there will probably be a couple people that wait until the last day to bid, and catch others off guard, but...it is fun to watch the bidding all month long, rather than wait until the 11th hour.

http://www.venturerider.org/classifieds/showproduct.php?product=4480&title=1984-venture-aka-stjude-venture&cat=15

Miles

Edited by DragonRider

I think we ought to keep this limited to members so everyone will get a chance to see the St Jude Venture when the new owner takes possession, we know what it means, outsiders wouldnt appreciated it, in my opinion.

Would it be appropriate for folks to post it on Craigslist with a link to the auction here?

Okay folks, I just want all of you to be put on notice, that "if" I end up being the high bidder on the St. Judes Venture that was so kindly donated by Ken P, and if I get it for the bargain basement price of $ 1,575.00, I do not want anyone to say that I stole this bike for that price, because all of you have a chance to bid on it. As I told DragonRider, this bike is well worth a lot more than that. I would feel slightly bad for getting it for such a cheap price, but, I would also think I got a LOT of bike for a little bit of money.

So, to avoid the onslaught of comments "after" the auction is over, put your money where your thoughts are...now...rather than speaking up about it afterwards.

Most importantly, this IS for a good cause, the St. Judes Hospital.

:backinmyday:

Edited by Miles

Its DragonRider, I am the better looking of the 2!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay folks, I just want all of you to be put on notice, that "if" I end up being the high bidder on the St. Judes Venture that was so kindly donated by Ken P, and if I get it for the bargain basement price of $ 1,575.00, I do not want anyone to say that I stole this bike for that price, because all of you have a chance to bid on it. As I told DragonRider, this bike is well worth a lot more than that. I would feel slightly bad for getting it for such a cheap price, but, I would also think I got a LOT of bike for a little bit of money.

So, to avoid the onslaught of comments "after" the auction is over, put your money where your thoughts are...now...rather than speaking up about it afterwards.

Brian, since the seller is a member of this forum, you may want to offer him more than the asking price...just sayin'.:cool10:

You can always up your bid but never lower it. :stirthepot: No sense feeling guilty.:mo money::stickpoke:

Brian, since the seller is a member of this forum, you may want to offer him more than the asking price...just sayin'.:cool10:

You can always up your bid but never lower it. :stirthepot: No sense feeling guilty.:mo money::stickpoke:

Playboy, there is a hitch in your giddyup. I cannot raise my own bid to higher than what is showing right now. It is showing $ 1,575.00. I could go to the thread and put in a bid of $ 2,000.00, but until someone else goes higher than me, it will stay at $ 1,575.00, because it is done in intervals.

It takes someone else to bid higher than what my current high bid is...for the bid to change. And, I cannot be the one that raises the high bid, because my current high bid is already higher than the current bid of $ 1,575.00.

Now...back to Playboy...:stirthepot::rotf::cool10:

Knowing this is for a good cause!! That being said

some or most here may have trouble just putting food on the table or even pay their bills to stay warm...

Miles since you have much $$ on hand or say in your pocket all the time and you seem to think your the winner with 1,575.00 why not just add a Grand heck why not add two Grand to the final auction value making it 3,575.00 and give that amount to Lewis after all its for a good cause right! and besides you don't want us to think you stole the bike

:stirthepot::witch_brew:

Buddy

Edited by buddy

Playboy, there is a hitch in your giddyup. I cannot raise my own bid to higher than what is showing right now. It is showing $ 1,575.00. I could go to the thread and put in a bid of $ 2,000.00, but until someone else goes higher than me, it will stay at $ 1,575.00, because it is done in intervals.

It takes someone else to bid higher than what my current high bid is...for the bid to change. And, I cannot be the one that raises the high bid, because my current high bid is already higher than the current bid of $ 1,575.00.

The work around for that is easy. Simply sign yourself up (or your wife or SO) with another member account and pay another 12.00 (Freebird needs money too to pay for the extra bandwidth the excessive Thanks button use is causing) and then you can bid against yourself and run the bid until you don't feel guilty about the price your paying :stirthepot:. Not to mention it will double your chances of winning the auction!!!:080402gudl_prv:

:) The $12.00 covers both husband and wife.

I would like to thank Miles for stepping up to the plate on these auctions.

If thats the case why is Snowflake an expired member? after all she is my wife.:stirthepot:

Don't worry Don I forgot to pay it this year:doh: I will tend to it tomorrow:)

NO....I'll mark her paid. The thing is, when folks renew then it is an automated process. People need to send me a message to remind me if their spouses are members also so that I an update them manually.

Don I knew all it along I just like picking on you how would you act if I dint:rasberry: I just forgot this year:doh: besides your loosing money doing it that way I have no issues paying it !! I been doing it from day one.

Maybe you can't bid against yourself, but if you want to actually pay more than the winning bid (IF you are the winner) when the auction is over, I doubt that the extra money will be refused. So just send the amount that makes you feel right!

some or most here may have trouble just putting food on the table or even pay their bills to stay warm...

Miles since you have much $$ on hand or say in your pocket all the time and you seem to think your the winner with 1,575.00 why not just add a Grand heck why not add two Grand to the final auction value making it 3,575.00 and give that amount to Lewis after all its for a good cause right! and besides you don't want us to think you stole the bike

Buddy

Buddy, I am taking this in the right (fun) way, and I know it is all meant in good-hearted nature. I do not believe that I have anymore money on hand, or in pocket, than the next guy. I know all too well what it means to be able to pay a heating bill, and buy groceries. But I think the difference may be that I spend my money on different things than most people do.

I have no children to support, at all. I do not buy drugs of any kind, such as alcohol, cigarettes, dope, or (well, I will leave it at that). Everything I have is paid for, except for the mortgage on our house. I am fortunate that my wife also rides motorcycles, and that is what brought us together. She is 100 % onboard with our motorcycle lifestyle, and to us that is what it is, not a hobby, or a fad. I am also fortunate that my wife works as a Ph.D. Epidemiologist, and I am a retired (fill in the blank)

I have the same amount of money as most people on this forum, but...my life has been about motorcycles since I was 16 years old, and rather than buy a boat, or a motorhome, or support kids, or their needs for new shoes, new phones, new cars, I get to spend what money I do have on my wife and myself...for motorcycles.

As for what others have suggested that I can simply pay more for the "84 Venture than what the auction bid ends at, I will not do that. I have no problem with you all "thinking" that I stole the bike for the price paid for it. I just don't want anyone actually "saying" that I did, because we each have a chance to bid on this bike.

And lastly, I have NO preconceived notion that I will be the eventual high bidder on this bike. No Sir. Have you not all seen my attempts to get others to bid up on this bike. If I wanted the bike so badly, I would keep quiet, buy it at the low price it is now, and take the bike at the bargain basement price of $ 1,575.00. If by some luck 'o the Irish I am the highest bidder, then that is the price I will pay, and not a dollar more, as we all have a fair chance in this.

I have other bikes that are on my radar, that are much more desireable to me, than a '84 Venture. But I also like the idea of having an original Sport Touring bike, before all the ST1100's and FJR's came out. But most importantly, if I am going to eventually own a 1st gen Venture, what better way than to support St. Judes Hospital ?

:bighug:

Buddy, I am taking this in the right (fun) way, and I know it is all meant in good-hearted nature. I do not believe that I have anymore money on hand, or in pocket, than the next guy. I know all too well what it means to be able to pay a heating bill, and buy groceries. But I think the difference may be that I spend my money on different things than most people do.

I have no children to support, at all. I do not buy drugs of any kind, such as alcohol, cigarettes, dope, or (well, I will leave it at that). Everything I have is paid for, except for the mortgage on our house. I am fortunate that my wife also rides motorcycles, and that is what brought us together. She is 100 % onboard with our motorcycle lifestyle, and to us that is what it is, not a hobby, or a fad. I am also fortunate that my wife works as a Ph.D. Epidemiologist, and I am a retired (fill in the blank)

I have the same amount of money as most people on this forum, but...my life has been about motorcycles since I was 16 years old, and rather than buy a boat, or a motorhome, or support kids, or their needs for new shoes, new phones, new cars, I get to spend what money I do have on my wife and myself...for motorcycles.

As for what others have suggested that I can simply pay more for the "84 Venture than what the auction bid ends at, I will not do that. I have no problem with you all "thinking" that I stole the bike for the price paid for it. I just don't want anyone actually "saying" that I did, because we each have a chance to bid on this bike.

And lastly, I have NO preconceived notion that I will be the eventual high bidder on this bike. No Sir. Have you not all seen my attempts to get others to bid up on this bike. If I wanted the bike so badly, I would keep quiet, buy it at the low price it is now, and take the bike at the bargain basement price of $ 1,575.00. If by some luck 'o the Irish I am the highest bidder, then that is the price I will pay, and not a dollar more, as we all have a fair chance in this.

I have other bikes that are on my radar, that are much more desireable to me, than a '84 Venture. But I also like the idea of having an original Sport Touring bike, before all the ST1100's and FJR's came out. But most importantly, if I am going to eventually own a 1st gen Venture, what better way than to support St. Judes Hospital ?

:bighug:

A saying I have tried to teach my kids. Some it caught with some it didn't. "LIVE WITHIN YOUR MEANS" and you can be happy. Thuis kind of reminds me of that. I have a few 1st Gens and will probally have another. But family didn't do without. One of the reasons I haven't rode as much the last couple yrs was not because I couldn't afford it but it would have made me tap reserves at times to do so. Things are more "caught up" this year. Not trying to steal your thread Miles it just made me think. I got reasons I won't bid on this one. I like the looks of it but you can have it. I probally haven't made much sense with this but..... I hope you get it!! But then you won't ride that other junk.....:stirthepot: