IGNORED

2nd gen fan

Barry.B

I changed the antifreeze in bike having problems getting the antifreeze to go back into system and running the bike temp goes up to 250 and fan does not come on . I would appricaite any help that I can get from you smart people . Can someone tell me where relay is located

thank you

Barry:

The switch you are looking for is on the back of the radiator, top left side. You can access it by removing the tank and the left neck cover. The temp sending unit is in the same area. It is the small fitting with one wire connected to it on the thermostat housing. :080402gudl_prv:

The switch you are looking for is on the back of the radiator, top left side. You can access it by removing the tank and the left neck cover. The temp sending unit is in the same area. It is the small fitting with one wire connected to it on the thermostat housing. :080402gudl_prv:

Thank you for your help I we'll look tomorrow after working on drier which not working right now

Attached are a couple of pictures of the temp switch in a radiator that is out of bike. View is from rear of radiator, switch is upper left on rear side.

Gary

Gary that temp senser thats not what turns on the fan eh?

Gary that temp senser thats not what turns on the fan eh?

Upper left connector should control fan motor from what schematic shows. There is a fuse in circuit.

Also, the RSV's have a noise filter in the leads to the fan.

The Br/L wire in attached picture goes to the fan fuse then to 12v power to complete circuit.

The single wire connector on the thermostat junction housing controls the indicator light on dash.

Gary

Just a thought. But I know on a cage I have had air in the system and it does not transmit a temp like if it was water and so the sensor dont know how hot it is actually. Hmm did I explain that plain enough. If the sensor has an air bubble where it is it may not pick up the correct temp to turn on the fan. You did say you had refilled the system, possibly an air bubble?

Just a thought. But I know on a cage I have had air in the system and it does not transmit a temp like if it was water and so the sensor dont know how hot it is actually. Hmm did I explain that plain enough. If the sensor has an air bubble where it is it may not pick up the correct temp to turn on the fan. You did say you had refilled the system, possibly an air bubble?

Thank you I will see if the rad is full so there is no air bubble by senser .:thumbsup2:

Barry

I too suspect you might have air in the system. I have had similar issues with my Mazda pickup. In my case it required me to crack the top radiator hose slightly while the engine was running to bleed the air out of the system. A little messy but it worked for me. Maybe others can offer more help.

I got the air out and now the fan comes on at 210 degrees which is higher than I want wish it could come on around 190 but it come on that is good . Thank you for all the help . just need to bolt fuel tank back down put on a couple covers and I am ready for the warm weather :big-grin-emoticon:

Barry