IGNORED

Cigarnival 2013

uncledj

Wife and I just got our tickets to Cigarival 2013. It's Friday and Saturday June 28th and 29th. If there's any aficionado's out there we'd be pleased to have you join us.

VIP tickets are$265 a piece, but you end up walking out of there with a duffle bag stuffed with premium cigars.

Anyhoo, if anyone's interested, here's the address to check it out.

http://www.cigarexpo.net/ :cool10:

• 3 months later...

Just got here and set up. Event starts at 5.

I checked out the link for the "Big Smoke" event in Vegas, and it looks a bit pricey.

for a $500 ticket you get 25 premium smokes..

For the $540 the wife spent for the two tickets here, we'll end up walking away with about 160 premium cigars.

I may get a box of Drew Estates as well, which would pretty much keep me supplied until next year.

Certainly something to consider, but I'm kind of a cheapskate. Heck, I even discouraged the wife from buying tickets to see the Rolling Stones at $600 a pop. She seemed to understand......kinda.....:cool10:

I dunno. $600 for a Stones concert is not too bad. Jagger may keel over in the middle of the show from old age. It could be his last concert you were at. Something to tell the grandkids about.

I'd skip the concert and go with safety chrome. I can watch the croaking on youtube, endless reruns on news and every cable outlet.

I WON !!!

I bought a raffle ticket for $20 for a chance to go nuts and run through the warehouse (20,000 sq. ft.) for two minutes and take all I could carry....and I won !

Boy...that two minutes went by in a blink, and the boxes were all labelled individually, but no labels large enough to read without stopping to focus in.

Anyhoo, I did the best I could, and ended up with 16 boxes of premium cigars. They had to ring them out of the warehouse as if they were a sale to not screw up their inventory system, and the total came to $2177.

That, and the 160 cigars I got as a normal part of Cigarnival (VIP tickets), means I won't be buying any cigars for a while.

When I get home I'll post some pics and a link to the video they took.

:cool10:

• 3 months later...

They finally posted the youtube video of the Cigar Dash.

This is the first time I've seen it.

Considering I'd been drinkin' all day, ...from lunchtime up to about a half hour before the dash (8:30) I didn't do too bad.

They took me from outside, put a shirt over my head, then led me into the temperature / humidity controlled warehouse. It was actually pretty cool in there, compared to outside.

In any case, they led me in, with the shirt over my head, so I had no idea what to expect when they took the shirt away.

Anyhoo.....this is how it went.:cool10:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kx4o4DqztgQ]Cigarnival Cigar Dash 2013 - YouTube[/ame]

That is just cool. Good for you. Wow. Looked like a great trip, great smokes for a while. A good cigar and a cold beer...chillen time.

Bill:cool10:

We'll be going back next year.

We'd love to have some Venture riders join us.

I'm just sayin':cool10: