IGNORED

Freebird...Is It Safe ????

Miles

Don, are you aware of the latest national news to come out today about...Oberlin, Ohio ?

Here is the link:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/03/04/oberlin-cancels-classes_n_2805573.html?1362500175&icid=maing-grid10%7Chtmlws-main-bb%7Cdl4%7Csec1_lnk3%26pLid%3D278741

It appears that some person walking around the trails of Oberlin College was wearing a KKK outfit, and there have been some issues during the past month.

Like the movie, Marathon Man...Is It Safe ? :rotf:

:backinmyday:

I don't condone any racial prejudices, but after searching the web, I found very little coverage on the Oberlin/KKK incidence. Mainly Huffington Post. More on racial graffiti at Oberlin. I wonder with all the cell phone cameras no one took a pic of the perp??....

Folks, I have lived in Oberlin for about 14 years now and I can tell you that it is one of the safest places I have ever been. You can see young people of all color and race walking around this small time most any time. The crime rate is very low. Oberlin College is one of the most liberal in the nation and have a very large mix of people of all nationalities.

I am sure that this is one or two young men who are too stupid to understand the ramifications of their actions. I have read that two male students have already been identified and expelled from the campus.

I think that this is being blown our of proportion. The only reason it is news is because it is indeed Oberlin College and this type of thing is virtually unheard of. Put this in perspective, think about any mid sized to major size city in the United States and there are probably more racist acts per minute than what has happened in this case. It's just that it happened in a very small town that hosts a very liberal college so it is news.

It will be over with as quickly as it started.

If I'm not mistaken, I believe the Krispy Kremes was another good thing that originated in Atlanta. We're not taking credit for the KKK.

Krispy Kreme is a doughnut company founded in July 13, 1937. Krispy Kreme founder Vernon Rudolph bought a secret yeast-raised recipe from a New Orleans chef, rented a building in what is now historic Old Salem in Winston-Salem, NC, and began selling to local grocery stores.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Krispy_Kreme

Mike and I love our Krispy Kreme doughnuts too! I prefer chocolate glazed and he likes the custard filled and lemon filled.

The only KK that interest me is Krispy Kreme d-nuts....:bighug:

I don't think those poor folks up there even know what a Krispy Kreem doughnut is. As for me and mine, we love'em.:thumbsup:

OHHHHHHH.....you are SOOOOO wrong. We have Krispy Kreem here and they are fantastic.

nothing like a KK we now have a DD but i dont think they will last long not enough yankees to keep them open and the last one we hade only made 8 months before it closed :whistling: