IGNORED

Naked Venture project completed 84'

virtualdentist

SO I have been a long time Vmax rider and recently sold my 2007 for lack of interest. Had a 1983 Venture when they first came out and decided I would buy an old venture in good repair (less than 30K miles) and customize it. Well, just finished it up after working on for the last 3 months of weekends. Involved welding, painting and lots of cutting. Not for the timid to be sure but if anybody is interested, let me know and be happy to lead you through one of these projects. Lots of older ventures out there, very inexpensive. I paid $1000 for mine, swear looked like new, in fact I was a little intimaded to tear everything off of the bike it looked so good.

Enjoy, let me know what you think. Final weight 505 lbs, stock HP is around 90hp--edited after the fact, sorry about that

Edited by virtualdentist
translocating bike performance

1/4 mile time: with my ass on the rear tire or off? I estimated I took two full feet off the rear frame and fender. warning: not for the morbidly obese.

want to enlarge these pictures so they can be readily viewed but don't have the expertiese.

Edited by virtualdentist

SO I have been a long time Vmax rider and recently sold my 2006 for lack of interest. Had a 1983 Venture when they first came out and decided I would buy an old venture in good repair (less than 30K miles) and customize it. Well, just finished it up after working on for the last 3 months of weekends. Involved welding, painting and lots of cutting. Not for the timid to be sure but if anybody is interested, let me know and be happy to lead you through one of these projects. Lots of older ventures out there, very inexpensive. I paid $1000 for mine, swear looked like new, in fact I was a little intimaded to tear everything off of the bike it looked so good.

Enjoy, let me know what you think. Final weight 505 lbs, 126 HP, which would easily clean the clock on any stock Vmax

I've been wanting to do the same thing for a couple of years now. Couldn't find one in desent shape for cheap so ended up with a ZRX1100 to fix up and it's been a blast to ride now that it's done. Have to do that eventually though!

SO I have been a long time Vmax rider and recently sold my 2006 for lack of interest. Had a 1983 Venture when they first came out and decided I would buy an old venture in good repair (less than 30K miles) and customize it. Well, just finished it up after working on for the last 3 months of weekends. Involved welding, painting and lots of cutting. Not for the timid to be sure but if anybody is interested, let me know and be happy to lead you through one of these projects. Lots of older ventures out there, very inexpensive. I paid $1000 for mine, swear looked like new, in fact I was a little intimaded to tear everything off of the bike it looked so good.

Enjoy, let me know what you think. Final weight 505 lbs, 126 HP, which would easily clean the clock on any stock Vmax

What exhaust do you have on it?

What did you do to motor to get the 126hp? What is torque?

Gary

stock exhaust. Cut the end off, about 8 inches, put your tape measure inside down to the baffle and subtract 1/2 inch. Take 5" hand grinder and lop it off, adjust as taste suits. I turned my out about 30 degrees after this picture.

Got the 126hp off the internet for stock 1300 venture royale, no idea if it is more or not now that it breathes better, no idea of torque.

stock exhaust. Cut the end off, about 8 inches, put your tape measure inside down to the baffle and subtract 1/2 inch. Take 5" hand grinder and lop it off, adjust as taste suits. I turned my out about 30 degrees after this picture.

Got the 126hp off the internet for stock 1300 venture royale, no idea if it is more or not now that it breathes better, no idea of torque.

With all due respect and hoping you stick around and become a member, it ain't got anywhere close to 126hp.

Advertised crank hp on a stock 1300 1st gen is 98hp, that equates to about 80 rear wheel hp.

I have a 1300 1st gen block, full vmax heads, carbs, v boost & air box, compression has been raised from 10.5:1 to about 12.2:1, marks 4-2-2 header, modified mufflers, & vmax rear end. I have hit 109+rwhp on dyno runs. It can do better, but I think you see where I am going.

More than likely you are in low to mid 90's rwhp.

But that's just an opinion, your mileage may vary.

If you really want to bring the HP out of that motor, start with a set of VMax heads.

This site is one of the best on the net for the V4 motor that you have.

Gary

My 2007 vmax dyno'd at 126 after about $1000 in parts, I am very sorry about my misquote, you are absolutely right about the factory HP on the Venture Royale and even after removing 200 punds, i still find it rather a dog. I did this project for something to do, likely I will give the bike away before summer and start another one.

If anybody is intersted in making a rat-venture, I would also suggest removing the stock gas tank, stock air box and battery; relocate the battery and cylinder style tank under the seat, K&N's with jetting (such as I did on my 2007 vmax) and taking the time to make a nice tank cover, remove the instrument cluster, notch the shaft drive for a larger rear tire and chop the handlebars down--which would be no easy feat.

The hardest part of all was removing the wiring that was not required with many false starts--literally.

Lots of great information on this forum!