IGNORED

wanted..recurve bow

BIG TOM

Does anyone here have a recurve or longbow 45 to 50 # that they would sell me for a NY member who is interested in learning to shoot primative archery... lets say around a $70.00 price range....please pm me if you have something that I may be interested in.....pics are very helpful....:fatsmiley:

Find those cheap at garage sales or on craigslist. I would always put a new string on her. . . My folks sold several I had at a garage sale ( I left them there when I was in service and bought new compounds since ) and my Dad told me some guy offered them like 5.00 for them. . .

Does anyone here have a recurve or longbow 45 to 50 # that they would sell me for a NY member who is interested in learning to shoot primative archery... lets say around a $70.00 price range....please pm me if you have something that I may be interested in.....pics are very helpful....:fatsmiley:

Yeah right ...

Glad to see your planning ahead.

I guess that ammo really is getting scarce....:rotf::rotfl::stirthepot:

Go with a good cross bow and quailty scope... and stock up on bolts that don't have flourescent quills before theres a run on em!:whistling:

http://www.longrangehunting.com/articles/pse-tac-15-15i-10-10i-crossbow-review-1.php

Edited by CaptainJoe

Yeah right ...

Glad to see your planning ahead.

I guess that ammo really is getting scarce....:rotf::rotfl::stirthepot:

Go with a good cross bow and quailty scope... and stock up on bolts that don't have flourescent quills before theres a run on em!:whistling:

http://www.longrangehunting.com/articles/pse-tac-15-15i-10-10i-crossbow-review-1.php

NO, guess you didn't get it....I have compounds, recurves and longbows......All in the $600.00 to $2,000.00 range....this is for a new student....besides...once you learn how to shoot a compound or set up a crossbow....wheres the fun?????? ONLY REAL MEN SHOOT PRIMITIVE ARCHERY........................NO SIGHTS, SCOPES, PINS, RELEASES, ETC........It all about the fun....this isn't meat shooting...............although REAL MEN do hunt WITH RECURVES AND LONGBOWS...........:whistling: :rotfl:ps...as far as long range shooting...I have a target bow that I can hit a pop can at 80 yards every time....used to shoot pro class in NYSAA.....SCOPES HAVE BEEN AROUND FOR BOWS SINCE THE SEVENTIES........nothing new

Edited by BIG TOM

Actually I did get it...

I was trying to joke around with you. My mistake.

and I with you..............I took no offense and I hope you didn't either...if this was a face to face exchange... we would have both have been laughing.....with this dutter stuff .....some things just dont translate well...............sorry if I sounded gruff...it was not my intention...:essen_024:

I've got a compond, it's a Bowtec Extreeme VFT, 70# pull with mechanical tips, it's good for about 40-50 yrds....

Have shot many a deer with it and agree it is unquestonably a lot harder to shoot game with it, than with a rifle. You not only have to raise the bow, but also pull it back, all the while not beeing seen. definately kicks the adrenelin in...

If your hitting a soda can everytime at 80 yrds. your definately a better archer than I...

and your The Man!

I've got a compond, it's a Bowtec Extreeme VFT, 70# pull with mechanical tips, it's good for about 40-50 yrds....

Have shot many a deer with it and agree it is unquestonably a lot harder to shoot game with it, than with a rifle. You not only have to raise the bow, but also pull it back, all the while not beeing seen. definately kicks the adrenelin in...

If your hitting a soda can everytime at 80 yrds. your definately a better archer than I...

and your The Man!

anyone can do it........spend about 3 grand for a competition bow, micrometer adjustable sights, a 6 power scope, forward and reverse stabilizers, buy very good arrows and make sure every arrow weighs the same. and practice,practice practice...... I also use a reverse mechanical rope release.......there you go....easy...NY field archery shoots 30 arrows from 10 feet to 80 yards..........the 10 ft. shots are the hardest...............:fatsmiley:ps...with primative archery....load and fire...much more fun..I kill a lot of trees with my recurves...lol

You ante just whistling Dixie there. I use to shoot tournament archery in the mid 80's. Every time I went to our club to practice I would shoot against four State champions that belong to the club.

When your shooting in tournaments......it becomes an obsession to be THE BEST.....All the fun is taken away...when I was shooting indoors... I had a 299 (19x) average out of 300..

I beat myself up for years over that 1 point................now I kill trees shooting 3d in the woods while I walk with taters and laugh at how many rocks she kills...I make our arrows...it relaxes me...taters thinks they are pretty and hates to shoot them..lol

When we were shooting 3D we use to step off course and pick a trick shot. Then all in the group tried to follow. A lot of arrows got broke doing that. When we shot indoors we played SLAM! One would shoot and everybody on the line would try to hit his knock.

Nothing changes....we do the same...........................ps I found the bow I was looking for ...............thanks anyway guys.....found something new from Cabelas.........new out of the box ...on sale for 119.00.....................:fatsmiley: