IGNORED

Do they make a 21'' tire kit for '01 royal star

DEPUTY 1216

Awhile back some posted putting a stratoliner wheel on the front and it looked sharp. Don't remember what he had to do to make the swap.

An 18" wheel from a Stratoliner is an exact drop-in fit for the front of a '05-'09 Royal Star or Venture. I cannot say with 100 % certainty that it will also fit a 2001 model, but, I believe it will. I have personally measured every nano of the stock wheel, and the stratoliner wheel, and it is truly an exact drop-in...uses the same wheel bearings, the same wheel seals, the RSV brake rotors bolt right up to the Stratoliner wheel.

I am not aware of anyone that makes a 21" wheel that easily fits the front of a RS or Venture, but...you can check around.

Question would be...WHY ? Given the weight of a RS or Venture...I do not think it would be wise to hang that much weight on the rim and tire of a 21".

:backinmyday:

And...Deputy 1216, do you have a 2001 Venture, or a Royal Star ???

An 18" wheel from a Stratoliner is an exact drop-in fit for the front of a '05-'09 Royal Star or Venture. I cannot say with 100 % certainty that it will also fit a 2001 model, but, I believe it will. I have personally measured every nano of the stock wheel, and the stratoliner wheel, and it is truly an exact drop-in...uses the same wheel bearings, the same wheel seals, the RSV brake rotors bolt right up to the Stratoliner wheel.

I am not aware of anyone that makes a 21" wheel that easily fits the front of a RS or Venture, but...you can check around.

Question would be...WHY ? Given the weight of a RS or Venture...I do not think it would be wise to hang that much weight on the rim and tire of a 21".

And...Deputy 1216, do you have a 2001 Venture, or a Royal Star ???

The wheel may be a direct drop in and the rotors may bolt to a Strat wheel but I would look awful close at the clearance of the fender before I would try to fit any other wheel on a 99 to 2013 Venture. I don't see enough room for anything in there.:080402gudl_prv::whistling:

The wheel may be a direct drop in and the rotors may bolt to a Strat wheel but I would look awful close at the clearance of the fender before I would try to fit any other wheel on a 99 to 2013 Venture. I don't see enough room for anything in there.:080402gudl_prv::whistling:

slowrollwv, you make a good point, and...to answer your inquiry...I have in fact measured it ALL, and the 18" tire mounted on a Stratoliner 18" wheel, will in fact fit perfectly inside and under the stock fender of a '99 -'13 Venture or a '05 - '09 RSTD. The difference between a stock wheel and tire from a modern Venture/RSTD compared to a wheel and tire from a Stratoliner is less than a 1/4 " in overall height, and it is narrower than the stock tire.

I appreciate your concern, and it makes sense to check these things out, however...I am not one to make errors on measurements, and If I say it will fit, then by golly...it will fit, just as Big Tom will eat Ice Cream today.