IGNORED

Left Thumb Switch Mount - Group Purchase

Question. Does your hand/wrist rub the bracket if you slide your hand all the way up the grip? It looks like it might.

I've not remounted mine onto the 89VR since I wrecked the 91VR. I see that one person answered your question. I'll tag PraireHammer to also answer, for he is the 3rd post of his with picture.

Question. Does your hand/wrist rub the bracket if you slide your hand all the way up the grip? It looks like it might.

Randy,

Yes, of course, if you slide your hand all the way up the grip, your thumb can contact the switch plate. But, as you can see in my previously posted photo, the switch plate doesn't interfere with your hand if you don't crowd it. The Venture grips are pretty long, so there is plenty of room for your hand in normal operation without any rubbing. If you are one that "chokes up" on the grip, perhaps it would be an issue, but then you would have to move your hand down the grip away from the switch housing in order for your extended thumb to operate the switches. Remember, this switch plate is installed on the left (clutch) side; it is not as if your grip and hand are moving rotationally as on the throttle side. I ride with my hand down the grip some just so I can more easily operate the clutch lever. Crowding the switch housing means that you are grasping the clutch lever very close to its fulcrum with a loss of leverage that the long clutch lever can provide.

Bottom line, Brian's switch plate does not interfere with normal operation nor does it cause any discomfort. For me.