IGNORED

Pimped Punk'n - Finished

SilvrT

Finally got her done and outside the shop for some decent pics.

I really like the paint job. I am not a fan of the punkin orange bikes, but the paint on this one works great.

One of the three things you can do to finish it off, and make it a show stopper...is to have the wheels powder-coated hi-gloss black.:backinmyday:

Finally got her done and outside the shop for some decent pics.

I really like the paint job. I am not a fan of the punkin orange bikes, but the paint on this one works great.

One of the three things you can do to finish it off, and make it a show stopper...is to have the wheels powder-coated hi-gloss black.:backinmyday:

and the other two are .... ???

2) Give it to me.

3) Go away.

:smile5:

No...and to be fair, I will tell you what # 2 and # 3 are:

# 2 - have the chromed front lower cowling painted the same orange of the bike. The chrome stands out too much, in a negative way, and does not sit well with the new paint scheme of the beautiful bike.

# 3 - have the frame painted black. I have a couple friends that have taken their 1800 Wings down to the point of being able to paint the side frame members that are exposed around the riders' knee areas, and painted those frame areas black. Man...doe sit make the bike stand out different than anyone else's 1800 Wing.

By having the wheels powder-coated hi-gloss black...$ 200.00

and having the front lower cowling changed from chrome to black...$ 75.00

and having the side frame members painted black...$ 80.00

This bike would then be finsihed with the current paint scheme, and would be a show stopper.

Okay, it is great the way it is, and I love it. Kudos to SilvrT for the work he has done.

:bighug:

No...and to be fair, I will tell you what # 2 and # 3 are:

# 2 - have the chromed front lower cowling painted the same orange of the bike. The chrome stands out too much, in a negative way, and does not sit well with the new paint scheme of the beautiful bike.

# 3 - have the frame painted black. I have a couple friends that have taken their 1800 Wings down to the point of being able to paint the side frame members that are exposed around the riders' knee areas, and painted those frame areas black. Man...doe sit make the bike stand out different than anyone else's 1800 Wing.

By having the wheels powder-coated hi-gloss black...$ 200.00

and having the front lower cowling changed from chrome to black...$ 75.00

and having the side frame members painted black...$ 80.00

This bike would then be finsihed with the current paint scheme, and would be a show stopper.

Okay, it is great the way it is, and I love it. Kudos to SilvrT for the work he has done.

:bighug:

So should it be orange or black?

Actually had considered doing the frame side members. Considered orange as well as black. Before I realized I hadn't done that, I had all the tupperware back on and was into the stripes. That and the lower cowl ... maybe a project for next winter.

I'm not a fan of black powder coated wheels tho. I do like at least some shiney stuff LOL

So should it be orange or black?

Actually had considered doing the frame side members. Considered orange as well as black. Before I realized I hadn't done that, I had all the tupperware back on and was into the stripes. That and the lower cowl ... maybe a project for next winter.

I'm not a fan of black powder coated wheels tho. I do like at least some shiney stuff LOL

SilvrT, ya see, I told you if you are not going to do item # 1...powder-coat the wheels hi-gloss black...then there is no sense in doing items 2 and 3.

First...the lower cowling should be...orange. And I am not a favorite of orange, but...a person can buy a black one, so if you paint yours black, no one will think or know that it has been customized. The orange paint on the front lower cowling would look GREAT.

Second...I am willing to pay for your wheels to be powder-coated hi-gloss black...it is called 90% hi-gloss...if you are willing to put them on your bike, with the agreement that if you like them afterwards...after 30 days of having black wheels...then you pay me back for the work.

You see, the faster sport touring bikes come from the factory with black wheels, whether painted, anodized, or powder-coated. Think...ST1300's (some of them have had black wheels) and FJR's (some have had black wheels), and on and on and on. I have had the wheels on all 3 of my 1800 Wings powder-coated black, and it really makes the bike stand out from the crowd...but more importantly, it makes the bike go faster.

The wheels on a 1500 Wing were much better cast, and had a smoother surface, so they were easier to keep clean. But the wheels on an 1800 Wing are not as smooth, they trap dirt and brake dust onto the wheel surface, and they are harder to keep clean. If you have stock...OEM wheels, then you do not have shiny stuff anyway.

Offer made !:backinmyday:

SilvrT, ya see, I told you if you are not going to do item # 1...powder-coat the wheels hi-gloss black...then there is no sense in doing items 2 and 3.

First...the lower cowling should be...orange. And I am not a favorite of orange, but...a person can buy a black one, so if you paint yours black, no one will think or know that it has been customized. The orange paint on the front lower cowling would look GREAT.

Second...I am willing to pay for your wheels to be powder-coated hi-gloss black...it is called 90% hi-gloss...if you are willing to put them on your bike, with the agreement that if you like them afterwards...after 30 days of having black wheels...then you pay me back for the work.

You see, the faster sport touring bikes come from the factory with black wheels, whether painted, anodized, or powder-coated. Think...ST1300's (some of them have had black wheels) and FJR's (some have had black wheels), and on and on and on. I have had the wheels on all 3 of my 1800 Wings powder-coated black, and it really makes the bike stand out from the crowd...but more importantly, it makes the bike go faster.

The wheels on a 1500 Wing were much better cast, and had a smoother surface, so they were easier to keep clean. But the wheels on an 1800 Wing are not as smooth, they trap dirt and brake dust onto the wheel surface, and they are harder to keep clean. If you have stock...OEM wheels, then you do not have shiny stuff anyway.

Thanks for the offer ... I will consider it ... after this riding season is over.

That said, looking at my front wheel in the pics, would you say they look clean (considering the bike is a 2003)?

Also, do you have any pics of your wings with those powder coated wheels?

Thanks for the offer ... I will consider it ... after this riding season is over.

That said, looking at my front wheel in the pics, would you say they look clean (considering the bike is a 2003)?

Also, do you have any pics of your wings with those powder coated wheels?

Okay, the Winter riding season is almost over, so....before we start the Spring riding season, let me know about the wheels.

I agree with you, after looking at the pictures of your bike again...your wheels do look bad. Those won't shine up at all, without a lot of elbow grease, and polish. Better off to powder-coat them.

After I posted the wheels idea to you, I went searching for pics of one of my Wings, but...unlike you egotistical maniacs that take 1000 pics a day of your bike sitting in the garage, I am just not into taking pics of my bikes or myself, eating a gallon of ice cream.

:rotf:

I will continue to look for some, because I think I do have some...someplace. :confused24:

That is why the 1st gens have black wheels.:stirthepot::duck::bikersmilie:

Okay, the Winter riding season is almost over, so....before we start the Spring riding season, let me know about the wheels.

For me, the riding season starts around mid-April and ends around mid October. There is no such thing as a "Winter riding season" ... the Winter season is the Pimpin season :cool10: :banana: :rotf:

...your wheels do look bad. Those won't shine up at all, without a lot of elbow grease, and polish. Better off to powder-coat them.

I disagree. First of all, they look pretty good IMO since I polished them once a year ago. Secondly, I use a power polishing wheel on a drill so really, no elbow grease. I have yet to do that this year but when I do, they will be very shiney.