IGNORED

Yay.....I'm moving again

GAWildKat

Mike and I learned tonight we are moving again. Nothing we did wrong, just life circumstances on the roomie's end forced him into a corner that required we move. We have until april 7/8ish to locate a new homebase to call home, not great considering Mike has so little free time with school. Everything here save the nightstands and the bed fit in the car. So who has a pickup they can loan us for an afternoon once we the new homestead? lol. All this on the eve on the next internship interview too.

everything but the mattress set and nightstands fit in the car....over a few trips depending on how far we move, I may just rent a uhaul again, this time should be one trip by uhaul. It's likely this will be a blessing if Mike gets the internship, most of the for rent places are located near that job. The commute to Radioshack will likely be a lot longer.

That shouldn't be much trouble, the hardest thing we've faced is ppl not wanting married couples because of the suspected drama, when in reality we are 2 geeks that kinda keep to ourselves.

Wow... One would think they would WANT married couples. I cannot wrap my head around such silliness. I can loan you my truck but I am near Tampa . The fuel alone may be the same as renting a truck near you. Doesn't Home Depot rent trucks, vans etc?

A uhaul truck can be rented for around 19 bucks a day. I have two pick up trucks but live in MS.

If funds are not availble,(due to circumstances that I dont care to hear about) just send me an email saying YES, I could use your help...and enclose your mailing address.

No other explaination is nessisary.

Im offering to send you a check for the $25 bucks to help you. Thats the best I can do from where I live.

Hope this helps :confused24:

Wow... One would think they would WANT married couples. I cannot wrap my head around such silliness. I can loan you my truck but I am near Tampa . The fuel alone may be the same as renting a truck near you. Doesn't Home Depot rent trucks, vans etc?
The silliness I have heard about being a married couple is the drama and spats couples have. I'm not going to lie, when Mike and I were younger we did our fair share of that, but a lot of things have changed and after his car accident on the job and head trauma, much of that just became unimportant. Yeah, sometimes we still get on each other's nerves, a stressful day can make tempers flare, but it's over and done quickly. I also looked at 2 places today, one was a guest house setup, and the guy wants $800 ASAP to move in. I just paid the rent here on the 2nd...other than small expenses, no cash til 2 weeks from now. The other place was a house situation where a younger laid back guy needs a roommate or 2 just to make the house feel less lonely and is willing to let us pay into the 1st month's rent just keep things reasonable. Mike plans to go see it and give his thoughts, but that may be the winner. I've been offered the use of a truck, both through VRO and friends. All I need moved by truck is my mattress set and my nightstands. I don't think any begging will get my bedroom set pulled from the storage unit. Everything else can be moved in the car, easily. I just hate the packing and moving part, much of that will be left to me to do because Mike's schedule isn't usually conducive to assisting with things. We'll get it done though.

All the furniture we own save the computer desk, a folding table, some shelving units, my dvd storage, bookcase, 2 5ft tall nightstands and the mattress set are here, plus my kitchen, bathroom and all Mike's computer crap upstairs. I can move everything here but the bed and nightstands myself, and have the last 2 times. if I had to add the contents of what's in the storage unit to the list....I'd be begging for all of you lovely ppl to send help, all the furniture in it is more than I can manage alone or with Mike, we tried it once, never again.