IGNORED

I made the trade!

tandemcpl

I traded a 2007 Sportster with 58,000 miles on it for a 2008 Venture (Black Cherry / Raven) with 15,300 miles. It’s been two weeks and 900 miles since I bought the Venture, and I’m more than happy with my decision. The RSV is much more comfortable than the Sportster, especially when the temperature drops into the low 20s. Furthermore, my better half much prefers the back of the venture over the Sportster.

Be blessed.

Toby

Welcome to the family.....

you will really love it on long trips it was nothing for me to do 700mi in a day when I had mine.

later in the year we need to meet for lunch and vist...

Also if you can work it in do some of the Rally's & Meets we're having this year you will have a blast. we do every year!!!!!!:happy34:

Buddy

Yes sir you've moved into the big leagues. and you found a great forum where there are many people that will help with parts ideas and tech support. Not to mention plenty of opportunities to get together and meet members. From all over the world if you're lucky.

Enjoy the new to you ride You"ll have it as long as you're still enjoying it. And welcome !:thumbsup2:

Oh my from a sporty to a RSV. She will be calling it a bark-o-lounger for sure. Check out just the difference in the wheelbase, that will tell you alot about the ride. Good luck and enjoy your new ride. I dont think youll even be able to compare the two. :cool10: If you have any questions, search the fourms and if you cant seem to find an answer ask away. There is a wealth of knowledge here on these bikes.

Kind of like going from a mini-bike to a real motorcycle ! As you've already found out, you've picked one of the best touring bikes out there. Enjoy the new ride and we'll be looking for ya at some of the many get together's , no better time for Barley pop's and Ice cream :thumbsup2:

All,

Thank you for the warm welcome. I’m looking forward to getting to know all of you through this forum and hopefully in person.

There is a lot of good information here, and I’ve already decided the first mod to the bike will be the big F4 windshield. I spent too much time being beat about the head and shoulders by the wind on the Sportster. I want to be able to spend some quiet time on the bike.:)

Be blessed.

Toby

Maan, I am not sure how you can sleep at night, on a deal like that. Remind me to call you when I am looking for another bike! :cool10::bowdown:

Holler at us and we will ride. Just up the road from you.

James

:biker::biker::biker:

James,

I wasn’t that great of a deal. I had to come up with some money to make it happen. I was always told that a Harley has great resale value. Apparently if you put a lot of miles on them the resale value really takes a dive.

Be blessed.

Toby

James,

I wasn’t that great of a deal. I had to come up with some money to make it happen. I was always told that a Harley has great resale value. Apparently if you put a lot of miles on them the resale value really takes a dive.

Be blessed.

Toby

That is a heck of a trade up in a motorcycle, night and day difference. The HDs do hold value but the Sporty's don't do well especially if it was an 883. Your going to love the change I was on a 2004 for 8 yrears.

I made the move up from a Sporty to the Venture as well. That was 5 years ago and I never regret one single minute if it.

I did keep the Sporty but I bet I haven't added 5,000 miles on it in those five years. Who ever said it is the difference between a mini bike and a real motorcycle was exactly right. It feels like a toy to me when I do ride it.

As for the F4 windshield I put one on at 27K miles and I am now at 80K miles and it is still in excellent condition. The only scratches on it are from when some young lads where throwing hand fulls of big gravel at the bike. One of the best, if not the best, investments I have made to this bike.

As for comfort my Sweetie REFUSES to EVER ride the back of the Sporty again. She is so comfortable on the Venture that she has fallen asleep back there more than once.

Enjoy the Venture and be sure to post some pics of the big smiles both you and your rider will be wearing from riding that bike with the great group of folks you will get to know from here.

Ride Happy, Ride Safe

Welcome! My spouse was vehemently opposed to getting the Venture but since getting it we have gone on some epic adventures and she is so comfortable we can do 800-900 miles a day no problem and as mentioned she will fall asleep on the back. It's better than a vacation home. Great people here! A rare group