IGNORED

Markland Passenger Armrests for 1986-1993

Prairiehammer

I found some of the major components for what I believe is a vintage Markland passenger armrest assembly. The seller claims the "supports" (the seller's description) were removed from a 1988 Venture. He was actually selling the parts in two separate auctions, presumably because he didn't know their relationship. I recognized the parts for what they really were and obtained them very inexpensively. The crossbar and the two rest struts are not in great condition, but I think they will fix up nicely in black paint. The pads were not available from the seller. Another quest.

My question for anyone familiar with this set-up: How does the crossbar attach to the motorcycle? As far as I can tell the mounting tab in the middle of the "V" shaped crossbar is supposed to bolt or clamp to something substantial on the bike, but that tab is oriented between the rear of the seat and the front of the trunk and there is nothing to bolt the crossbar in that location. Perhaps another bracket is needed? Perhaps a bracket that bolts to the ends of the passenger hand rails?

Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks, Jeff

The assembly I have apparently is not for a Venture, despite the sellers assertion that they came off a 1988.

Mine look like they are intended for an early Goldwing.

I am curious though, how the ones you picture bolt to a MKII since the MKI has different passenger handgrips. My '90 does not have the same bolts for attaching the handgrips and thus the outboard tabs like the one you show. Thank you. I will keep an eye out for the proper armrests.

Pictured below are various examples of purported Marklands for early Goldwings. The last one looks closer to yours, but still not exactly the same.

Kevin

The MK2s have the same bolt for the trunk rack that holds my style arm rests in place.What you are seeing is the trunk relocation kit and thats why it looks different to you. The last pic you posted looks like it might be able to be used with a minor mod or 2

Jeff