IGNORED

White RSV ?

creole

Okay.....I called Yamaha a few months ago (before the 2013's came out) to ask about ordering RSV's with custom colors (specifically white). Customer Service guy at the corporate office told me the new color would probably be dark or maybe even black, and no they would not take orders for custom colors.

I told him we definitely want a white bike for our next one and although we love our RSV, if Harley is the only place we can get white, that might be what we buy (I would rather have the Yamaha!).

The best offer I've gotten is from a local (nearly local 96 miles away) dealer, and was to buy a new RSV and they would send it downtown to the body shop and have it painted white before I came to pick it up. Only a cool $1800 (about) additional to the cost of the new bike. For that money we should be getting close to a factory painted white HD.

I know Yamaha had a white millennium edition in 2000 or so and only made a few (maybe 1500?) SO I got to wondering if maybe that color should be rolling around for a full production run in the next couple of years.:fingers-crossed-emo

I guess, out of all this what I'd like to know is...........Has anyone had their 2nd gen RSV completely repainted? If so how did it hold up? Thinking at this point, maybe we'll just have ours repainted and wait it out. There's nothing wrong with our paint except the usual rock chips and normal type wear. Still cleans up nice and shines beautifully, with the exception of a rub on the fairing from the PO.

Creole

Oddly enough, I've never preferred white anything. Although the last two pickups I've owned have been white, but they were chosen out of purpose not color. The last was chosen because it was the right truck to pull our 5th wheel and boat together and just happened to be white. I do like the fact they seem to look clean longer (not very good at taking the time to clean vehicles). However, Really liking the look of the white motorcycles for some reason, and my wife really wants our next one (very likely to be new) to be white.......good enough reason for me!

Just a thought unless you want the 2013 buy a hold over there are 2011 still available which will come with the full 5 year warranty 0 miles paint one of those white should keep you below or close to what a 2013 would cost

:sign yeah that:

Same bike - Save money - The model year is generally irrelevant .

Okay.....I called Yamaha a few months ago (before the 2013's came out) to ask about ordering RSV's with custom colors (specifically white). Customer Service guy at the corporate office told me the new color would probably be dark or maybe even black, and no they would not take orders for custom colors.

I told him we definitely want a white bike for our next one and although we love our RSV, if Harley is the only place we can get white, that might be what we buy (I would rather have the Yamaha!).

The best offer I've gotten is from a local (nearly local 96 miles away) dealer, and was to buy a new RSV and they would send it downtown to the body shop and have it painted white before I came to pick it up. Only a cool $1800 (about) additional to the cost of the new bike. For that money we should be getting close to a factory painted white HD.

I know Yamaha had a white millennium edition in 2000 or so and only made a few (maybe 1500?) SO I got to wondering if maybe that color should be rolling around for a full production run in the next couple of years.:fingers-crossed-emo

I guess, out of all this what I'd like to know is...........Has anyone had their 2nd gen RSV completely repainted? If so how did it hold up? Thinking at this point, maybe we'll just have ours repainted and wait it out. There's nothing wrong with our paint except the usual rock chips and normal type wear. Still cleans up nice and shines beautifully, with the exception of a rub on the fairing from the PO.

Creole

I had my o3 repainted in 07 and it still looks good. I have won many bike shows with it.

slow roll,

Thanks for the info. The paint places out here don't seem too interested in painting motorcycles, but I could probably talk them into it if I stripped it down and re-assembled after painting. Did you have to do that or was it a turnkey job? Anyway, I've always been under the impression that painting plastic was kind of an art when it came to making it stick long term, wasn't sure it was worth the effort, especially if the original paint isn't bad.

Donald,

Somehow I didn't realize they did a production run in 04........were there other color choices with white being one of a few choices offered?

I think that in 2004 Yamaha only offered two colors for the Venture.The two tone White and the Black Midnight. To my knowledge no other colors were offered for this year model.

Note that Colorrite is the only company that has access to Yamaha Paint Codes and the word on the street is that no other paintmaker can match the colors. Still there are people who have had their bikes painted by professional body paint shops that use different kind of paint like Sikkens and state that they have a perfect match. I am having a 2000 Millenium partly painted by a paint shop here in Iceland. They use Sikkens and have promised me that they will match it perfectly. Will be painted in the end of this month and I am quite excited to see the result. Deal is - No match - No pay :) I hope they get it.

Hopefully others that have had their bikes painted for a match will chime in.

How about a Victory? My friend just bought one last week in White. I guess they only offered White in 2012 but there are still a few leftovers in dealers. IMHO this is the best new Motorcycle on the market. If you like White the Pearl on this bike is sweet.[ATTACH]73693[/ATTACH]

How about a Victory? My friend just bought one last week in White. I guess they only offered White in 2012 but there are still a few leftovers in dealers. IMHO this is the best new Motorcycle on the market. If you like White the Pearl on this bike is sweet.[ATTACH]73693[/ATTACH]

Victory has come a long way in a short time. I am waiting to see what Polaris does with Indian before I get another bike. And the pearl White is sweet on the Cross Country.

Thanks all for the info. Hadn't considered anything really but Yamaha and HD. Before we bought the RSV we were looking at goldwings. Ended up preferring the style and sound of the RSV and truthfully might even like the v4 over the vtwin as compared to the vulcan 88 I sold when we got the RSV. Nothing wrong with the others, just a preference. Well that and all the CROW I'd have to eat in front of my HD riding buddies after all, We have the only "Other Bike" in the group. LOL

We have plenty of time to enjoy the one we have that's paid for and reliable without making a change of any kind, yet these warm January days seem to make me look at options!

Thanks all for the info. Hadn't considered anything really but Yamaha and HD. Before we bought the RSV we were looking at goldwings. Ended up preferring the style and sound of the RSV and truthfully might even like the v4 over the vtwin as compared to the vulcan 88 I sold when we got the RSV. Nothing wrong with the others, just a preference. Well that and all the CROW I'd have to eat in front of my HD riding buddies after all, We have the only "Other Bike" in the group. LOL

We have plenty of time to enjoy the one we have that's paid for and reliable without making a change of any kind, yet these warm January days seem to make me look at options!

To me I just can't see giving premium dollars toward a new bike with carbs and a cassette deck. The Victory CCT is heads and shoulders above Harley and Yamaha in the Tech department. Made in the USA also just like those other guys but still won't get lost in the parking lot. Check it out you won't be disappointed

Bought my white 2004 in 2004. I also love a white bike so that is why I have it. As in most years Yamaha has only one colour but for certain years they made a midnight bike in black and more chrome. There was a midnight in 2004 as well as the white. Later on they made a stock colour and an "s" model similar to the midnight version. Now I believe they only offer one bike version per year with no options for colour or anything at all.

I have also looked at Harley and Victory for the same reason as you, if I want a new white bike. Good luck on your choice of bike in order to get white.

Terry,

If you really want a white Venture, your only oem option is an 04. Or..you could buy a new left over and repaint it. The nice think about fresh paint, especially on ABS is all you have to do is scuff it up a little with a Scotchbrite pad and shoot it (just base coat and clear...no primer). Just about any good painter will shoot it, if you take all the pieces off and deliver them to him. But you need to remove all of the stick on stuff like the eyebrows and emblems. Now I would paint over the factory strips and then have a pen stripper follow the same lines with fresh striping.

And there is nothing prettier than a pearl white bike...and this is coming from someone that only likes black on his bikes.

Good luck,

Rick

Creole

The 2004 is actually two tone white. A pearl white and a radical while.

Code Paint Name Comment Color Chip ColorRite Top ColorRite Base

0390 Bluish White Cocktail #1 (BWC1) (Pearl White) 5584 1090

00UJ Radical White (RW) 5457

This is correct. It has a pearl and a white which makes it an even better white bike!

It is really sharp and the comments I get everywhere I go proves its good looks.