IGNORED

Winter, Mountains and Motorcycles - ugh

V7Goose

Man-o-man, I had forgotten how spoiled I was being able to ride just about every day of the year in Texas. Heck, even when I lived in Omaha I still rode all winter long with the hack. But the new place in the mountains, at over 7,000 feet, just ain't gonna work for that - I can see that the bikes will be in storage for multiple months every winter.

Not only have we had snow on the ground continually since early December, but even when the roads clear off there is a twist in the dirt road leading to our place that runs down through a mostly dry creek and up a very steep hill just before our property - this section is totally shaded with huge Ponderosa pines and thick junipers, so the sun only sees the road less than an hour a day, and that hill stays packed with snow and ice constantly. Even when the rest of the road is dry and dusty, it is hard to find an exposed track up that hill. Four wheel drive is often an absolute necessity to get through there, especially if you do not keep the momentum up when turning through the bottom of the creek bed!

Even with the remote location and snows, no time for cabin fever this year - in fact there is so much to do with moving and all that I have had a very hard time just trying to occasionally scan this forum and a few others to keep in touch. So my apologies if anyone has been looking for me or wanted some input on a tech issue. I've been mostly out of touch, but NOT deliberately ignoring you. If you want my input or ideas, best bet is to PM or email me - it may take several days for me to see it, but I'll do my best to respond. Ride safe (weather permitting) and keep warm!

Goose

Good to hear from you Goose! Sounds to me like you've found your little slice of heaven in the mountains. I feel your pain at having to park the bikes, at least you have the mountains to keep you happy, I'm stuck here in the flat lands and can't ride :crying:

Best of luck in your new home.