IGNORED

Any Body Been Sick?

Yama Mama

Ron and I took those extra precautions for our health this winter. We both got our Flu shots!

Then our Granddaughter, daughter and our son in law came to visit for Christmas.

We have both been sick since the 26th of December. Just when we thought we were getting better we both had a relapse.

I am afraid to go out of the house. Every one around here is sick. How about you?

Hopefully, it is just us.

Yama Mamaattachment.php?attachmentid=73482&stc=1&d=1357608259

We are on parallel paths. Our Daughter, son-in-law and 11 month old grandson drove in from Fort Carson Colorado on Dec. 21st and within 2 days, our daughter had strep and grandson had the flu. Of course, now, my wife has been in bed for 3 days with flu and I am beginning the muscle ache and joint pain. :yikes: Kinda surprised we didnt come down with it sooner. Lots of cases of Flu in Oklahoma with the local news saying it hit much earlier and worse this year. :sick:

So sorry to year your sick, prayers for speedy recovery.... Fluids, fluids, fluids.... Daughter and grandson and now son-in-law are just getting over their illness. YUK

Grandson took ill first. Then my wife caught it. Dispite my best efforts then I got it. Body aches and nasty cold symptoms. They finally got better but mine turned into Bronchitis. Getting a bit better every day. My riding buddy Patrolman46 has been sick most of this new year. Praying he gets better soon.:)

Guest scarylarry

Home remedy when you feel it coming on, take one part Nyquil and one Jack Daniels mix them and drink it..

Say goodnight and do not wait on a response cause you won't last that long..

I wake up feeling good...

I have done this for years, OTC meds only prolong it..

I never have any flu shots or vaccinations. Never been to a doctor in over 20 years. i don't take a single drug....not even aspirin. I refuse to take tylenol prescribed to deal with the pain after a visit to the dentist. I even refused to take the antibiotics i was prescribed after my TURP surgery this summer....dint tell the doc though....and i didn't die.I feel the body is capable of taking care of these little inconveniences....

Have never had a headache for as long as i can remember. Never had a bad cold in years. Was down with a cold or flu or whatever you want to call it, this last week, but just let it run its course...just tried to drink water as much as i could and eat well.

Not saying i am superman...i could fall on my face tomorrow and die of something, but hey, we all got to go when its time. I just don't have too much faith in the drug industry. Surgeries and fixing bones is a different thing...you have to get them fixed if the are fixable.:p

Take Care you all, and stay away from Drugs....yes....all kinds of drugs.:no-no-no:

Forgot to mention....i am a senior citizen.:backinmyday:

Abdul.:beer:

Either the Warden or I have been down since Turkey Day.Just taking turns. New doc for her in the morning.Hoping to find out what is going on.Docs just don't seem too smart to me anymore. If it ain't what they can charge the big bucks for at the time they just don't give a ****!!

Guest scarylarry
Either the Warden or I have been down since Turkey Day.Just taking turns. New doc for her in the morning.Hoping to find out what is going on.Docs just don't seem too smart to me anymore. If it ain't what they can charge the big bucks for at the time they just don't give a ****!!

Years ago you pulled your pants down, bend over and was pop with a needle....Them days are gone...

Now there is pill for everything.

I stick with the ol' days of health cure..

I am another one who does not get the flu shot and I have not been sick in 10 years or so since I started avoiding the shot. My wife and both kids have been sick since getting their shot this year. My wife (along with the doctor) jumps on me because supposedly with diabetes I am at higher risk and should be getting mine. I try to tell my wife the reason I stay healthy is from riding no matter how cold it gets outside. That and spending lots of time outside in the winter wearing as few of layers as I can stand. All the time I spend in the cold must kill all the germs. May not be true, but for 10 years plus it has worked for me.

I pray everyone recovers soon and has a healthy rest of the year, it sucks being sick and not able to ride very far.

I have been sick since July and I think I have finally started to pull out of it and become my self again even tough my wife and daughter say I am still grouchy :big-grin-emoticon:. The bad part about it is I have only put about 10K on my bikes this year :bang head:. I got the Flu and Phenmona shot last month and knock on wood I have not gotten either of those.

I never have any flu shots or vaccinations. Never been to a doctor in over 20 years. i don't take a single drug....not even aspirin. I refuse to take tylenol prescribed to deal with the pain after a visit to the dentist. I even refused to take the antibiotics i was prescribed after my TURP surgery this summer....dint tell the doc though....and i didn't die.I feel the body is capable of taking care of these little inconveniences....

Have never had a headache for as long as i can remember. Never had a bad cold in years. Was down with a cold or flu or whatever you want to call it, this last week, but just let it run its course...just tried to drink water as much as i could and eat well.

Not saying i am superman...i could fall on my face tomorrow and die of something, but hey, we all got to go when its time. I just don't have too much faith in the drug industry. Surgeries and fixing bones is a different thing...you have to get them fixed if the are fixable.:p

Take Care you all, and stay away from Drugs....yes....all kinds of drugs.:no-no-no:

Sounds like my Dad and he lived a good long life of 75 Years.

When winter flue season comes upon us, I open the windows every once in a while, both east ans west when the wind is breezing so that the air inside can be exchanged for the fresh clean stuff from outside. Our houses are so well sealed today that the bugs stay well put inside the house and they keep making us sick. We don't use the AC unless it really gets hot either, the more outside air the better. I know, you're thinking about the cost of heat, but that is only minimal to the cost of losing a days wages or feeling sick for a week. So far it's been working just great, and we don't believe in supporting the flue campaign, which doesn't seem to work very well anyways.

And to say that the flue season is off to an early start????? I thought it always started in November,, but then what do I know.

Been sick for last four days...

Took my mom to Dr's office and picked it up there...

I seem to be almost completely over it now. Day two was the worst.

A friend suggested Alka-Seltzer Plus, Berry flavour that you mix with 8 oz. hot water...

Its the Day Severe cough cold and flu in the orange package..

That stuff soooothes your sore throat instantly and stops the urge to cough till you puke symptoms. Doesn't taste bad either. Used Pepto Bismal to calm stomach.

Hopefully will be close to 100% tomorrow.

Hope this helps somone else, being sick is no fun at all...:whistling:

Guest Swifty

:backinmyday:

http://theweek.com/article/index/226585/americas-deadly-painkiller-addiction-a-guide

Sorry to hear so many folks are ill this winter. Jeannette and I got our flu shots last fall. We flew and cruised from LA to Fort Lauderdale through the Panama Canal. The only problem we had was sinus congestion, which we attribute to sleeping next to our kid's live Christmas tree in LA. It took most of two weeks for the congestion to break, but we are okay now. Was anticipating worse with all the traveling we did.