IGNORED

May need som Phoenix AZ help. Possible ripoff

lonestarmedic

It looks as if everyone is making an attempt to cash in on the frenzy. That clips.net or whatever website wants $45 for a 17 round Ruger SR9 magazine, and Ruger factory price is $32. Of course, no one has any in stock and will probably be out for some time to come. I would guess that some manufacturers are holding off on production of anything over 10 rounds to see what the new laws may be.

I have been watching the Armslist website and people are going crazy there.

From a wheel gun I can dump and change speed loaders faster or as fast as you can change mags. We went to auto's at the PD I shot many weapons, they would not let us carry a 1911 because the gun had to be a da. I went with a 92fs. Liked it very much, I eventually switched to a glock 21 so that I could add a light. Both are very reliable but my off duty gun I usually carried a smith model 13. Most gunfights total under 13 seconds beginning to end and any shots after your second, double tap, are typically frustration unless you face multiple threats.

For the .357 vs 45 argument the question you want to ask is weather you would rather be hit by a baseball going a 100mph or a bowling ball going 45mph. . . kind of what oil question

I once had a 9mm, but it got confiscated by Murphy, NC pd on a bogus stop. I want to replace it now but I want another similar handgun but am undecided on what caliber, should I go with the 9, .40 cal or larger maybe .45 or .50 cal. I still have 2 other semi autos but both are 380, they just dont have the stopping power or the capacity. I don't want a revolver, not enough capacity, that I know. So looking for some input from some other handgun owners. And I will be getting my CC very, very soon.

Lewis - a 9mm is most likely all you would need especially if you use home defence ammo, as well, a standard clip should be sufficient. Brands are personal preference BUT you might want to search the internet for reliability. Kimber, Glock and SigSauer seem to be on top of the affordable list with regard to reliability.

I got one of each, just in case