IGNORED

My $10,000.00 dog

BIG TOM

is three years old today.....well, thats about the cost of the items she has destroyed over the past three years.....She has turned into a very nice companion...HAPPY BIRTHDAY LILY....ps....Taters has another basset pup on order due to be born in a couple of weeks....here we go again..... !!!!!

she just got another room opened up for her in the house......she is leaving everything pretty much alone in that room, the only room she doesn't have access to is the living room (leather couches.. need I say more)....who knows , someday she will have freedom to roam the house without me worring that she is eating matresses, couches and carpets.... !!!...Other basset owners have told me that some bassets dont grow BRAINS until three...I believe them , at least with this dog its true......SHE IS A PITA (at times)like me, thats why I love her.....:rotf:

NICE BEAGLE, I bred and field trialled beagles for many,many years...had seven brood *****es....all in the house....nothing ever destroyed.....all slept in my bedroom at night...not in the bed but in the room....I was president of Pioneer beagle club in LeRoy NY.....After all the ladies were gone , we decided to try bassets.......:doh: you know the rest of the story....................:rotf:

Edited by BIG TOM

I can relate. In 2006 I was given a "free" chocolate lab. After several vet bills and many chewed up shoes and furniture, I learned that free really isn't free. We tried locking him in a bathroom at night, which led us to an unplanned bathroom remodel. We finally put in an invisible fence and started leaving him outside. I had bought a new '06 F150 just before we got Jake. One day I noticed something hanging down under the truck. It was the wiring harness!! Why he always chose the most expensive things to chew I'll never understand. One morning I got up and noticed what looked like a wad of wire in the floor. It was a $400 dollar pair of glasses he had modified.

Then one day like you you flipped a switch, he just quit chewing. Now he wears me out wanting me to throw his ball/Frisbee/stick or whatever, but that I don't mind.

I can relate. In 2006 I was given a "free" chocolate lab. After several vet bills and many chewed up shoes and furniture, I learned that free really isn't free. We tried locking him in a bathroom at night, which led us to an unplanned bathroom remodel. We finally put in an invisible fence and started leaving him outside. I had bought a new '06 F150 just before we got Jake. One day I noticed something hanging down under the truck. It was the wiring harness!! Why he always chose the most expensive things to chew I'll never understand. One morning I got up and noticed what looked like a wad of wire in the floor. It was a $400 dollar pair of glasses he had modified.

Then one day like you you flipped a switch, he just quit chewing. Now he wears me out wanting me to throw his ball/Frisbee/stick or whatever, but that I don't mind.

I've had many dogs in my lifetime....yes, they teeth and they chew to relieve the pain....I understand that....But this hound was just plain destructive beyond antthing imaginable....and stuuuuuuuubbbborrn.......then, like you said just like a switch was turned off quit being stupid.......now don't get me wrong she is still a devil at times, but not the destructor any more.....she will still do the snatch and grab with anything.....but that is a game to be chased as she drops the object in question as soon as the game begins and then wants to chase you....This is the reason we decieded to get another pup .......dogs , being pack animals do better with other dogs around....My son has brought his labs here and they have a ball playing together...we shall see how that works out.....

Guest tx2sturgis

I was sure tickled at the pics of the pooches...:happy34:

I didnt think the bullet remark was appropriate but then, its not my thread, so what do I know?

:think:

here's how i was greeted this mornin'.....

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p14/dbikers/gmcpb.jpg

ROFLMAO..............................:fatsmiley:ps...gave our beast the run of the house today.....she is sleeping on the sofa in the living room as I type...she is tired out because she found a "LIGHT BULB" (not a clue where she got it from) and Taters and I just got done chasing her thruout the house to get it back... she lost her hearing with that bulb in her mouth because she didn't respond to the down command the first 10 times commanded but shes ok now....her hearing is back to normal....WHEW !!!

Edited by BIG TOM

I was sure tickled at the pics of the pooches...:happy34:

I didnt think the bullet remark was appropriate but then, its not my thread, so what do I know?

:think:

It was just a joke... guess southwest humor is lost on some... I jokingly threaten my dog all the time...while scratching his belly..that he is just one shot away from being the perfect dog.... :shock3:

Big Tom, if you were offended by the joke I apologize. :bighug:

I left my dog ( Rottweiler) with a house/dog sitter. Got home last night and had 3 dogs. The dog/house sitter found 2 dogs that nobody has claimed. All contacts with Humane Society, animal control etc were made. They are adorable. My wife was furious on the way home from the airport that there were additional dogs at home.... 15 minutes with them, she said we were keeping them if nobody claimed them. Put them all in the kitchen overnight. Woke up and only my dog was in the kitchen...found the other two cuddled up on the living room couch. Still trying to figure out how the small one got out.:think:

Edited by KIC