IGNORED

Was this the last weekend to ride for the season?

b2dad

Gee guys...(and Annie)..you all are making me feel bad that I don't ride in sub zero temps! or anything below 60.

Sorry..I just get too cold and all the clothes in the world are not going to warm me up. Maybe a heated suit...hmmm....anyone try one of those? I just prefer riding when it's nice out and I don't have to bundle up like an eskimo.

Here's the flip side: How many of you can ride when it's 120 out and heat index is 140??? hmmm???

Guest scarylarry

Here's the flip side: How many of you can ride when it's 120 out and heat index is 140??? hmmm???

I wouldn't go outside.....

I never put the bikes away, just keep the tanks topped off and watch the weather. If roads are clear and it isn't below freezing too much, I like to take a ride. Nothing like seeing all the faces in the cars as I go by on the bike on a freezing day. For me, it is toe warmers in the boots, jeans and chaps, long sleeve T and long sleeve shirt, winter jacket with liner and heated gloves and grips.

For B2Mom, seriously, try heated clothing if you would like to ride and be warm. You can go foot to head if necessary, but many get by with the previously mentioned toe warmers, insulated pants and a heated jacket liner. (add heated pants and socks if necessary) and heated gloves. There are some good battery powered units out there, but if you plug in, the heat is not going to go away.

I am already putting out the word for my New Years Day ride here in Peoria, IL. Had about 6 bikes lastyear, and 3 the year before. Shooting for 10 or more for 1-1-13. (just hoping for safe roads, that would put a stop to the ride).