IGNORED

Was this the last weekend to ride for the season?

b2dad

Just when you think you are done riding for the season...we get one more nice weekend. Didn't matter that I had a ton of things to do at home. Working all week doesn't give me alot of time for chores at home...but then I hear the "B2" calling....wanna ride? wanna ride?

And to heck with the "to do list"...and off we go. 70 degrees out, turning into a gorgeous "leaf looker ride"...and then I wonder...is THIS the last ride of the season?

Hope not..but weather forecast does not look good for next weekend.

Now remember guys..I WORK!!! So the only time I have to enjoy a ride is on the weekend. This week's forecast is nearly 80 every day..until FRIDAY..then rain and cold. YOU all may ride in the rain / cold (40's) but not me. At least not on purpose.

Don rides all week and when it's not quite so warm out...but me...that's another story.

Squid: :Im not listening to

EUSA1: You ride when it's practically snowing...you are CRAZY!

Gary: See above...I know you Canadians ride when it's cold..I believe it's only warm there 2 months of the year so you have to ride when it's cold...right?

Scarylarry: Went to the keys in June...was really nice then. Hope you have a good time.

Dano: Hope you get to ride soon. That was nice of you tho to ride in the car with Rose.

Hope everyone gets another ride this year..or two or three more...

I work too much on this end as well. Weather permitting, I take the Venture to and from work. Riding season in not over yet untill we really see white stuff on the ground. As for this coming week in our region, we should reach the mid 70's everyday up to Friday.

Ride safe everyone. :322:

Its never the last ride of the season for me....maybe for Charlene, but I ride year round, just have to wear a few more clothes than normal, but most of my riding during the non riding season is back and forth to work, it always amazes my buddies at work how I can ride in such cold weather. Riding the bike I start out warmer on the bike than if I take my car, it isnt warm in it till I am about 1/3 of the way there. Plus the chilly air wakes me up.

On another note, I went for a late afternoon ride yesterday and about 10 miles into it, ran into a strange problem. Came over a rise and ahead I see a stopped car flashing its headlight at me, and I see something big and black in my lane, at the distance I was from it, it appeared to be a very large dog or small horse, wrong on both counts, it was a good sized calf. I rolled to a stop about 10 feet from it and started honking my horn only to have it turn around and stare at me, so I started creeping up on it blowing my horn in short blasts. It moved to the shoulder and stopped then came back on the road in front of me, so I moved closer to him trying to steer him to the other side of the road, he went past the other car and took off into the woods. Should have taken a picture but didnt think about it till after it was over. It a very nice ride interesting to say the least.

Just when you think you are done riding for the season...we get one more nice weekend. Didn't matter that I had a ton of things to do at home. Working all week doesn't give me alot of time for chores at home...but then I hear the "B2" calling....wanna ride? wanna ride?

And to heck with the "to do list"...and off we go. 70 degrees out, turning into a gorgeous "leaf looker ride"...and then I wonder...is THIS the last ride of the season?

Hope not..but weather forecast does not look good for next weekend.

Edited by DragonRider

I've been "commuting" about 1/2 hour once in a while as I work on our rental property.

about 35 min up a major road...pretty ho hum after awhile but still better than a cage!

Still some leaves on the trees....when the sun shines its downright nice out there!

Did the friday the 13 th thing yesterday with a group of 20 or so riders...( Port Dover...for those who dont know what i am talking about.)

Was a perfect day for riding...able to wear riding gear without feeling hot. 400 kms in all.:banana:

Going out riding again today...weather looks identical to yesterdays.:7_6_3[1]:

:beer: :canada:

...Gary: See above...I know you Canadians ride when it's cold..I believe it's only warm there 2 months of the year so you have to ride when it's cold...right?...

Cold is a state of mind. I rode to work this morning (2C 36F) and it felt great ! Just have to dress for it. Supposed to be sunny and 18C (68F) on the way home. Rain the next two days and Thursday just like today - if you can believe the weather forecast 3 days out.

As for warm.. for 2 months of the year. We get a little longer than that ! Usually can't start building the igloo we live in until end of December and then it lasts until March sometime.

:canada:

I use the salt/no salt criteria also. If I were to ride in the salt then I would be forced into washing the bike or watching it dissolve away, that is normally sometime in Dec to sometime in April, but can be as bad as Sept till May, or like last year, just Feb :thumbsup: . Temperature is irrelevant.