IGNORED

I went for a ride last weekend

twigg

The article was thoroughly enjoyable! I had no idea that LD rides were as complex as you have described. After reading your travelogue, I would think that the mental preparations and performance requirements outweigh the physical endurance aspects.

Great piece of writing that explains the human side of the experience as opposed to just how many miles ridden. You have provided me with a much better understanding of why anyone would do what would otherwise seem pure torture.

Godspeed and many safe miles in the future.

PS: Do they allow sidecar rigs to compete?

The article was thoroughly enjoyable! I had no idea that LD rides were as complex as you have described. After reading your travelogue, I would think that the mental preparations and performance requirements outweigh the physical endurance aspects.

Great piece of writing that explains the human side of the experience as opposed to just how many miles ridden. You have provided me with a much better understanding of why anyone would do what would otherwise seem pure torture.

Godspeed and many safe miles in the future.

PS: Do they allow sidecar rigs to compete?

Thanks for all the nice replies.

Yes, some of the Rallies allow sidecar rigs. They even allow them to carry more fuel that solo motorcycles ... 15 gallons as opposed to 11.5 gallons.

The main reason is that they are more thirsty, and they can't cover the ground as fast as a solo bike. None of the rallies allow trikes, but I imagine trike owners have plenty of other options.

Glad you enjoyed the report.