IGNORED

How many carry when on the road.

Condor

Nursing student shoots dead classmates

February 9, 2008 - 7:00AM

Source: ABC

Police say a nursing student has shot two women to death and killed herself in front of horrified classmates at a college in the southern US state of Louisiana.

Police spokesman L'Jean McKneely says investigators still did not have a motive for the killings at the Louisiana Technical College in the state capital, Baton Rouge.

Details such as the names of the victims and the type of weapon used have not yet been released.

- Reuters

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really don't understand why you feel the need to report to us every shooting that you read about. First of all, we DO get the news here. Secondly, we KNOW that there are killers in the world. Some use guns, some use other methods. It is an age old argument and these type of reports will certainly not change the minds of those on either side of the issue. If somebody really wants to kill another person, they are going to. They may use a gun, a knife, a club, whatever. If they REALLY want to kill, they are going to. The issue is not usually the gun put a deranged person.

Sorry...but I do have personal experience with this. My sister was murdered. Yep, shot with a gun. I loved her very much and miss her dearly he was going to kill her one way or another. I'm very thankful that she wasn't slowly beaten to death or carved up.

I think that the gun issue thread has just about gone on long enough. Maybe we should get back to motorcycles.

Picked this up on another forum so I thought I'd inject a little light humour into the thread.

Believed to be fact - as reported on Fox News...

Any knowledge of this one?

Some "dirtbag" in Polk County Florida who got pulled over in a routine traffic stop ended up "executing" the deputy who stopped him. The deputy was shot 8 times, including once behind his right ear at close range.

Another deputy was wounded and a police dog killed. A statewide manhunt ensued.

The offender was found hiding in a wooded area with his gun. SWAT team officers fired 110 rounds and hit the guy 68 times.

Now here's the question:

Naturally, the media asked why they shot him 68 times. Polk County Sheriff Grady Judd, told the Orlando Sentinel:

"That's all the bullets we had!" :no-no-no: :no-no-no: :rotf::rotf:

And this Sheriff meant it also. It's a little old but I can recall this happening. We were at a national K9 certification trial and all was stopped to announce these deaths.

I really don't understand why you feel the need to report to us every shooting that you read about. First of all, we DO get the news here. Secondly, we KNOW that there are killers in the world. Some use guns, some use other methods. It is an age old argument and these type of reports will certainly not change the minds of those on either side of the issue. If somebody really wants to kill another person, they are going to. They may use a gun, a knife, a club, whatever. If they REALLY want to kill, they are going to. The issue is not usually the gun put a deranged person.

Sorry...but I do have personal experience with this. My sister was murdered. Yep, shot with a gun. I loved her very much and miss her dearly he was going to kill her one way or another. I'm very thankful that she wasn't slowly beaten to death or carved up.

I think that the gun issue thread has just about gone on long enough. Maybe we should get back to motorcycles.

And my youngest son was stabbed to death about 4 years ago. I wish he had been packin'..............

Great post, I can't imagine that many replies without any name calling especially on such a hot topic. It says alot for the members on this site.

:clap2: :clap2::clap2:

Last week I counted all the replies and at that time there were only 32 members who positively said they do carry. Of those that do, 6 rode 1st gens and 26 rode 2nd gens. :confused24:

If the nut in Kirkwood didn't have a gun he could have bought fertilizer and diesel fuel and blowed up the whole court house. Then there would have been a lot more dead. The way it was he knew after he got the cops there wouldn't be anybody else to stop him because you can't legally carry into a courthouse. All the signs in the world saying guns aren't allowed only affect the people that avoid breaking laws. They do not and never will stop law breakers.

Guest KitCarson

I carry............I carry a barbecue burger.......and some fruit juice......one never knows when someone from North Carolina will invite you to a barbecue, best to have your own burger:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::bighug:

As usual I totally agree with Don on this one. I have held my tonuge about as long as possible. :bang head:

I don't carry, but I feel fine (and appreciative) when I'm around the legal carriers.

This has been a great thread, both entertaining and informative. There have only been a couple low spots, i.e., deviation from logic and reason, skirting on demagoguary, but even these have been good contributions.

I also agree that this mudhole has been stomped dry and it's time to move onto other subjects, hopefully related to morotcycling.

I did one time ride the Venture to the hunting club with my 30-06 strapped on the back. On the way I rode past a Boss Hoss dealership that was having an open house. When I pulled in to check it out the attending crowd of bikers got a big kick out of it.

Other than that I normally don't carry a firearm on the bike. I figure if I every run into trouble while riding I will just unsheath my sword or knock them off their horse with my lance.

Other than that I normally don't carry a firearm on the bike. I figure if I every run into trouble while riding I will just unsheath my sword or knock them off their horse with my lance.

Answer to original question: NO

Reply to above quote: And I thought chivalry was dead.:D

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Highway
Being a retired cop, I'm aware of the futility of calling 911....in time,

or even being given the chance to do so by those who devise to harm you & yours.

It's very common, in many, many areas for law enforcement to have a 20-30 min response time. I am presently aware of several schools trying to resolve this problem. Many areas do not even have cell phone service.

Many people actually believe law enforcement agencies have some degree of responsibility regarding their personal safety and the safety of their loved ones. A dangerous & ridiculous thought.

Some good citizens do take responsibility for their safety and for the well being of loved ones, but they rarely reveal this status.

The Don't ask, Don't tell policy always works best.

Oddly, most [surviving] people only decide to take personal responsibility, after being raped, robbed, battered, losing a loved one to a Meth-Head in Podunk, their living room, grocery store parking lot, etc., but smart folks learn from the experiences of others.

I've known way too many such folks.

They became Boy Scouts, and learned their simple Motto: "Be Prerared".

Victims of serious crimes against their person ALWAYS neglected to make a responsible decision beforehand. In LE, they are often & coldly termed "Sheep".

Stuff DOES happen.....[to someone every 8 seconds]....but NOT to me or mine.

Good things come in very small & super light packages, these days.

Popeye, Like you I retired 2 years ago after 32 years as a trooper. I carry in every vehicle, just because Ive seen what can happen to innocent and unpepared people. Hope I never have to use it, but my wife and I will not be robbed or hurt by some low life that is looking for easy cash. People can tell if your travling or just on a local ride. If your travling than you probably have a larger amount of cash on you than you would normally carry. Why take the chance...Try the Kel-Tec 32 cal. Plastic ,7 shot semi-auto fits in palm of hand recessed hammer under $225.00