IGNORED

Shouldn't have done it....

Freebird

Had to go to the store this morning and decided to drive the wife's SUV. It was pretty dirty so I decided to run it through the automatic car wash. Should have been OK but the dryers were apparently not working very well so by the time I got home, I had a heck of a time getting out of the car. :( 4 degrees F right now and it sure doesn't take long for the doors on a car to freeze shut. :confused24:

By the way...here's our forcast for the next week. Come on spring.

Sunday Windy. Snow flurries and a few snow showers throughout the day. Cold. Wind chills approaching -15F. High 19F. Winds W at 20 to 30 mph. Chance of snow 30%.

Sunday night: Scattered flurries and snow showers. Cold. Low 6F. Winds W at 15 to 25 mph. Chance of snow 30%.

Monday A mix of clouds and sun in the morning giving way to a few snow showers during the afternoon. High 27F. Winds SW at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of snow 30%.

Monday night: Occasional snow showers. Low 22F. Winds SSW at 15 to 25 mph. Chance of snow 40%.

Tuesday Periods of snow. Highs in the upper 20s and lows in the mid teens.

Wednesday Partly cloudy. Highs in the mid 20s and lows in the mid teens.

Thursday Snow showers at times. Highs in the low 20s and lows in the low teens.

Friday Partly cloudy. Highs in the upper 20s with temperatures nearly steady overnite.

Saturday Chance of a few snow showers. Highs in the mid 30s and lows in the mid 20s.

Sunday Snow showers possible. Highs in the low 30s and lows in the mid 20s.

Monday Snow showers possible. Highs in the low 30s and lows in the upper 20s.

Tuesday Scattered snow showers. Highs in the mid 30s and lows in the mid 20s.

By the way...here's our forcast for the next week.

Sunday Windy. Snow flurries and a few snow showers throughout the day. Cold. Wind chills approaching -15F. High 19F. Winds W at 20 to 30 mph. Chance of snow 30%.

Sunday night: Scattered flurries and snow showers. Cold. Low 6F. Winds W at 15 to 25 mph. Chance of snow 30%.

Monday A mix of clouds and sun in the morning giving way to a few snow showers during the afternoon. High 27F. Winds SW at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of snow 30%.

Monday night: Occasional snow showers. Low 22F. Winds SSW at 15 to 25 mph. Chance of snow 40%.

Tuesday Periods of snow. Highs in the upper 20s and lows in the mid teens.

Wednesday Partly cloudy. Highs in the mid 20s and lows in the mid teens.

Thursday Snow showers at times. Highs in the low 20s and lows in the low teens.

Friday Partly cloudy. Highs in the upper 20s with temperatures nearly steady overnite.

Saturday Chance of a few snow showers. Highs in the mid 30s and lows in the mid 20s.

Sunday Snow showers possible. Highs in the low 30s and lows in the mid 20s.

Monday Snow showers possible. Highs in the low 30s and lows in the upper 20s.

Tuesday Scattered snow showers. Highs in the mid 30s and lows in the mid 20s.

better you than me:rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf:

When I do that I go straight into the garage.

But it was the thought that counted. Wait untill your wife can not get into the car monday morning. :rotf:

Brad

But he can't fit anything else in the garage, unless he has done a big clean up in there. Didn't Don get pinned in there before, from something shifting.............

:stirthepot:

We're dry here and around 10C/50F over the Day. Nights are a bit colder. This Weather is wrong since Weeks or maybe Months.

We should have 1 Foot Snow in the Driveway and around freezing Temperature. Our Nature is in State as if it is End of March/beginning April. Forecasts say no changes, eventually some Rain upcoming end of the Week. Hey, that's the positive Side of global Warming ...

My License Plate is at the DMV to change it from March till October License to a full registered all Year. Need to mount a new rear Tire and will be out riding the Max at least on Thursday.

Had to go to the store this morning and decided to drive the wife's SUV. It was pretty dirty so I decided to run it through the automatic car wash. Should have been OK but the dryers were apparently not working very well so by the time I got home, I had a heck of a time getting out of the car. :( 4 degrees F right now and it sure doesn't take long for the doors on a car to freeze shut. :confused24:

Gotta laugh about this one. Years ago I had to get to Ithaca NY with a couple of other west coast salesmen in tow. Becasue of the weather the closest we could get was Saracuse, and then rent a car. We got off the plane, walked up to the only open Car Rental desk. ...The terminal was just about empty... They didn't have anything preped, and the ice age was starting again outside. The car we got was located way and the 'H' out in their parking lot. The three of us nearly froze trying to locate that car. Then the key wouldn't turn to open the door. My Zippo cured that problem. Then when we tried to open the door the damn thing was frozen shut. One of the guys from SoCal had an arm with bad circulation, and he was fading fast, and I doubt he would have made it back to the terminal. I put my foot against the side of the car and bent the handle getting the thing open. We said a prayer and it finally fired up. It didn't have enogh fuel to take us to Ithaca so we drove it back to the terminal to get it fueled up. I told them the big dent in the side of the car was on them, and when I finally got to where we going I called and told them to come pick the thing up.... One of life's experiences.....:backinmyday::snow2:

Hey folks...I CAN get her car in the garage. :) It was in the garage when I left and I parked it in the garage when I got home. The garage is not heated though. :( I'm sure it will thaw out some day.

Don , are you forgetting ;

Rule #1 ) Man room shall be equipped with refrigerator or cooler for refreshments , Heat and Air , Large TV , Stereo system , or more than 2 forms of amusement , MC lift , Plenty of tools , air compressor , Remote garage door control , Floor drain (just in case the neighbors are outside ) , Pinnup calenders or photos , and an old copy of the "He-Man Woman Haters Club" poster , O-Tey Spanky ?

BEER30

Don, I saw two motorcycles cruising in the Akron area yesterday afternoon...brrrrrr...of course, it was only down to about 15F by then without the wind chill...took over 15 minutes this morning just to get all the frost off the windshield so I could see to drive. I guess if there weren't 3 motorcycles in the garage I might not have that problem. :whistling:

it,s freezing down here !! this morning the tv was talking chill factor , washed silver today and cruse control asked if i was goin riding ? no way i need heated vest , gloves , and more leather , can't wait for winter to be over , mid feb. , 3 weeks until spring!!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Guest maddabber

I had to go out this morning, well I really didn't but the little woman did and wanted me to come along.She looked at me and said ( Are you not going out and get the car started and ready to go ) I said I really wasn't planning on going any where, BUT you want me to come. Guess who lost the discussion:(. I should have out on the long johns.

BRRRRR come on spring

:shock3: :bang head: :rotfl::rotfl:

I remember one year when I was growing up there. Had a 73 Barracuda. Rained iced that night then froze solid. 1/2 inch of ice on the car and the doors are frozen and THERE'S NO PLACE to put the key in to even try to open the doors..

Where's the butane torch at ? :rotf::rotf:

Well, Don, at least you got in.:)

Frozen doors are the pitfall of winter. When I left work last thurs, the temps were falling and we had wet snow during the day. Doors were tough to get into. A warm garage is a good thing.:)

Right now, 10:45, it's -10, but the good news is that it is supposed to warm up to 0 today. Last night, my small wood stove that I heat the house with couldn't really keep up. Temps dropped to -12, and no sunpower to help. It's starting to warm up in here now. Up to 64 deg.

Why am I not excited about that?

And tomorrow, another 6" of snow. Yup, it's winter in Wisconsin alright.

Steve

Can't figure out what your problems are,,,,,,,,,,,, you guys got to think out side the box,,,,,,,,,, come on there is a very fine solution to all this,,,,,,,,, you're all talking about the temp. which we can do nothing about,,,,,,,, heated garages: that should be scoot territory only, come on think,,,,,,,,,,,,, DON'T WASH THE CAR!!!!!!!!!!!!.

I very seldom wash the car,,,,,, last time I washed it was last March when Mom passed away,,,,,,,, was told it was the thing to do,,,,,, didn't make any difference, it was clean to start with, and all salty when we got to the funeral. Right now it's in the drive looking like it just got washed yesterday. Problem solved.