IGNORED

New RSTD Update

GeorgeS

OK, first round trip SEA to LAX went great on the new bike. Love this bike !!!

Comfortable !! except for the Seat. ( darn ) Guess I will be spending a few bucks on a " Day Long Saddle " in the near future. Plenty of power, and the brakes seem to be better then on the 89. Not sure why??

If anybody wants a new RSTD, there are a few 08's and 09's left in dealer stock, around the country. But you will have to do some searching !! I found 2 in Washington, and one in Oregon. ( 2 months ago ) ( Only one left in WA. now )

Been working on the 89 getting it ready to sell. Posted it today in VR Classified. Will wait a few days before advertiseing it locally if anybody here is interested. Its ready to travel, fly to SEA, bring money, will pick u up at airport, and have you on the road in a Jiffy !! ( as they say ) :stirthepot::whistling:

OK, first round trip SEA to LAX went great on the new bike. Love this bike !!!

Comfortable !! except for the Seat. ( darn ) Guess I will be spending a few bucks on a " Day Long Saddle " in the near future. Plenty of power, and the brakes seem to be better then on the 89. Not sure why??

If anybody wants a new RSTD, there are a few 08's and 09's left in dealer stock, around the country. But you will have to do some searching !! I found 2 in Washington, and one in Oregon. ( 2 months ago ) ( Only one left in WA. now )

Been working on the 89 getting it ready to sell. Posted it today in VR Classified. Will wait a few days before advertiseing it locally if anybody here is interested. Its ready to travel, fly to SEA, bring money, will pick u up at airport, and have you on the road in a Jiffy !! ( as they say ) :stirthepot::whistling:

You can also try and pick up a set of pillow top seats from a RSV and put on. Thats what I have on mine big improvement.

Joe

GeorgeS, if you want to show up at the Washington State Meet & Greet tomorrow, at Brians' house in Buckley, 23318 123rd St. Ct. E., Buckley, WA. 98321, then you can take a look at several seats already on other riders' bikes. I will be there, and I have a recently installed Russell day Long Saddle (my 10th seat from them). Once you see my seat, and sit on it, you may NOT want a Russell Day Long Saddle. For most people, these seats sit the rider too high.

So, at least it can eliminate the Russell seat for you, if you see mine in person. The other riders at the Meet & Greet will have a variety of seats, so you can view to yuour hearts content (or maybe that is to your butts content)

Miles

Edited by Miles

OK, will try to make it down there, only a hop , skip, and jump as they say.

Well, if you have had 10 of them, they must be pretty darn good seats !!! :whistling:

I don't care to much what they look like, its how they feel, after 3 days on the road, my rear really hurt !! And after 2 weeks at home it still hurts !!! :whistling:

Funny, the first two days on the road it was good, but around day 5, Darn, Not good !!!

Also, will be ordering a new E-3 this week, that Bridgestone, ain't going to make much more then another 3,000 miles at best !! Absolute Junk !!!

OK, will try to make it down there, only a hop , skip, and jump as they say.

Well, if you have had 10 of them, they must be pretty darn good seats !!! :whistling:

I don't care to much what they look like, its how they feel, after 3 days on the road, my rear really hurt !! And after 2 weeks at home it still hurts !!! :whistling:

Funny, the first two days on the road it was good, but around day 5, Darn, Not good !!!

Also, will be ordering a new E-3 this week, that Bridgestone, ain't going to make much more then another 3,000 miles at best !! Absolute Junk !!!

I am glad you are enjoying the RSTD! I agree about the stock seat. I went with Rick Butler, which I've used for my iron butts. After 65,000 miles though, the foam is deteriorating I think. I've had a lot of iron butt and near-iron butt days, and I am not light. I've crushed the seat too much. No worries, I'll replace the foam, I think.

The stock Brickstones were terrible. I thought the bike was supposed to handle heavy. When the tires were worn out at 5000 miles, I listened to others and went with a different tire (Avons in my case, now running E3s). They made a huge improvement. Not sure why Yamaha would ship with these things... people on test drives must have lower opinions of the bike than they should.

Dave

Do you ride two up? Load the bike up. I got 10000 out of my original tires but it's only me. Just wondering. I don't mind the Bridgestones at all. Of course my opinion.

Since bike was new, ( now 5200 mi on it ) only ride single. About 2800 miles just rideing around local highways. And the Trip Seattle to Los Angeles and back. Lots of Twisties, on the trip. Or, cruzeing I-5, mostly at about 65 MPH. Carrying about 75 lb. of luggage, tools, water etc etc. Close inspection yesterday indicates, that the tire will be down to the wear Bars, by about 7500 miles. I think it would be " bald " before it makes 10,000 miles.

My brother in law, bought new Harley 2 years ago, and same thing with the OEM Dunlop D404 Series rear. It was Bald, in about 7,000 miles !!! ( Double rideing with a trip LAX to Sturgis and back ) .

I guess my point is, " Don't Buy the Cheapest Tires " No matter which manufacture !!! You get what you pay for, as they say .

Now, to be fair to a Dunlop D404 Series tire, I put them on my son's Honda CX-500, and they last about 15K !! A Fine tire for that bike ---- But not a heavy 800 lb , Two Up, Fully loaded touring bike !!!

But, this has all been discussed on this web site before, So, the sun is out in Seattle, and I'm going for a ride !!! ( Will order a new E-3 Radial Tomorrow !!! )

Ride Safe, Everybody !!! :whistling: