IGNORED

Weird Verizon Wireless bills.... scammy smelling?

Snaggletooth

In the last few months I've been getting e-mail notices from Verizon Wireless. I had to laugh as I don't, or any member of my family, have or have had any Verizon phone service.

The first one was for $949.87 and the one I got today was for $2,471.25. The website shows it as Verizon 2011 and no other info other than "View & Pay Bill" or "Enroll for Autopay".

Anybody else seen e-mails like this lately?

Glad it ain't my bill. :rotf:

Mike

I get bills for someone else from a Missouri gas utility every month by mail. I opened the one I got yesterday and they are going to disconnect the service. I called the number and informed them that they are sending bills to North Carolina for someone in Missouri. The lady I talked to said "Oh, s#$^" and told me they would correct the problem. I started getting these bills two months ago.

:farmer:

One thing you can do, to check for scam emails, is hover your pointer over one of the links and look at the lower bottom left hand side of the screen. If the the link listed there doesn't start with www.verizon or haver verizon right after the http then it's probably a scam.

You can even test this with the links on the Venturerider.org site. :Bunny:

Here is an article that may be what your talking about.

http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/325056

And there ya go! That's it. Kind of what I figured.

Thanks!

I feel so much better knowing they won't shut off the phone service I've never had. :rotf::rotf:

Maybe just for fun I'll forward that to my daughter and tell her she needs to pay her bill.

Mike

And there ya go! That's it. Kind of what I figured.

Thanks!

I feel so much better knowing they won't shut off the phone service I've never had. :rotf::rotf:

Maybe just for fun I'll forward that to my daughter and tell her she needs to pay her bill.

Mike

It could be good for a laugh, but if you do, be sure to kill all of the links first so that she does not accidentally try to pay it or give her info to the scammers. The aftermath of that would not be fun.

It could be good for a laugh, but if you do, be sure to kill all of the links first so that she does not accidentally try to pay it or give her info to the scammers. The aftermath of that would not be fun.

Geesh! Give me lil credit will ya. Ain't the first time I've yanked my kids chain. :crackup:

I've run a couple scams on my own kid just for chuckles.

I had one of those phony scratch tickets once that was for a $1,000,000 winner. I left it on the kitchen table with a pile of real estate listings for half million dollar homes. I knew she would find it but I never left on about it. She kept giving me the weird looks for a couple days but never said anything. She'd ask me to go some where with her and I'd drive by expensive homes for sale and slow down and gawk at them. I ended up driving out to a new build out at the lake that was being done by a friend of mine. It was a fantastic place facing the lake and the was going to be about a 2 million dollar house.

We were walking through the framed house and she was just about ready to burst. She finally asked me "Is there anything you want to tell me?" Well, yeah, ya know that winning ticket you found? It was a FAKE!!!

I got to tell ya it was the first time in my life that I ever ran into a lake to get away from somebody.

Worth the $2.00 for the phony ticket.

Mike