IGNORED

Unexpected 4th of July Weekend Ride

86venturejay

I live in Georgia (gainesville area) and my brother who I have not seen in almost two years lives in Michigan. I got a text from him on the 4th saying to make surer I was off on Thursday and Friday because he would see me later that night. WOW! What a great surprise. Come to find out, he and his wife were on the bike and made the 780 mile trip down in one day. After mapping out some trips, and after some much needed rest, we set out for one heck of a great ride. We rode the blue ridge parkway, all around the foothills in Helen, GA and Blairsville Etc and made it all the way up to the Virginia line.

The scenery was wonderful and since I have lived here for almost 11 years now, this was the first time I had ever riden with my brother. What an awesome time. Took many, many pics which I wll upload soon and I hope to be ridiong mine up to michigan in fall. Although, I don't think I'll plan to do it in one day. I of course was riding my '86 venture and he was on his '04 venture. We turned some heads and got penty of compliments when we stopped.

just thought I'd share our good time. Maybe some of you guys are close here in Georgia and week and plan a meet and eat.

Take care,

Jay

1341776827644.jpg