IGNORED

Airplane gas

Scooter

The other day I was talking to the Yamaha dealer and the subject of SeaFoam came up. He had never heard of it. He said when he winterizes bikes, he puts about a gallon of airplane fuel in

100LL aircraft is designed to sit in airplanes for ever without creating the problems of autofuel. A lot of aircraft owners don't fly for months at a time. I think I got about 5 hrs in last year. The only problem with 100 LL is that the LL stands for low lead. Yes there is still lead in aircraft fuel!. jack in los osos ca

The other day I was talking to the Yamaha dealer and the subject of SeaFoam came up. He had never heard of it. He said when he winterizes bikes, he puts about a gallon of airplane fuel in and has never had a problem.:mo money:

By "airplane gas" he is no doubt referring to 100LL Avgas. 100LL tends to resist oxidation and chemical breakdown much longer than conventional autogas. The only problems I see with running Avgas are;

1) may react to certain compsites and rubber compounds differently than autogas

2) 100LL (low lead), while labeled a "low lead" gasoline, is so called due to comparison to other aviation gasolines in production at the time of it's introduction; namely 100/115 Avgas, and 115/130 Avgas (both no longer in production). 100LL Avgas has FOUR TIMES the amount of tetraethyl lead than leaded premium autogas. If you're running a cat or "lead-free" exhaust valves I wouldn't make a habit of burning it. That being said, If you're not running a cat, one gallon in the tank won't hurt.