IGNORED

I Went Down....Near Tonopah NV.

GolfVenture

Went down near Tonopah NV. last Tuesday 19th of June. I lost control of the VR. Broken right ribs, right collar bone, left hand and wrist. some rear road rash. no head, neck, back nor leg injuries. Oh ya, right lung punchured.

My beautiful 91 VR with 9200 miles is totaled.

Hand & wrist surgury done. I should be getting out of the UMC, Las Vegas in 2 days.

Vacation started great on sat 16th june, ride down from Buckley Wa.

Leaving Las Vegas monday morning for Vacaville where my daughter is an RN, Will spend a a few weeks there to heal up before taking the drive back to Buckley.

Looking for ideas to get the highest value for my 91 VR, It was like it just rode off the show room floor. It was that nice.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh Man! I hate to hear that! You didn't give the details of the crash, but it certainly sounds like you took a hard fall. Take your time to recover, and hopefully you'll be ready to get back in the saddle sooner than you think.

I feel your pain.I went down one year ago on the 23rd with many of the same injuries.I was riding a 2008 RSV-S with only 3500 miles on it.Since there was no other vihucle involved it is hard to bargin with your own company.Good luck with your claims and I hope you heal up completely.I still have a few issues that will probably not go away.

Hey Brian,

Both Jean and I are very sorry to hear about your recent accident, but we are both glad to hear that you are alive and on the mend! Bikes can be replaced, chicks dig scars, but YOU my friend, are one of a kind, and we are glad you are still with us. :thumbsup2:

Take some time to heal, and keep us posted on your recovery!

Earl and Jean

Awwww, man Brian, I'm speechless!! I'm so sorry to hear of your unfortunate incident, but glad you can communicate with us! I've had broken ribs, and broken collarbones, but not together, so I know how uncomfortable it is. You take time and heal and keep us up to date, you have many friends here who care about you!!

Sorry to hear of your misfourtune, but am certainly glad you are able to tell us about it.

I know the pain well...and wish you a most comfortable recovery.

Its good to smile, but dont laugh..it takes your breath away having broken ribs..Dont eat beans either..and stay away from pepper on your meals...sneezing will kill ya.

Sounds like you may be in some pain for a while Brian so let your daughter look after you well. Glad you are able to connect with your fellow forum members who hurt in a different way when one of us goes down. Keep us posted and stay connected.

Man Brian, I know how much time and effort you put into your trip. I am so sorry to hear how it has turned out. Heal fast.

As far as the insurance end, you need to scour the ads from ALL over to find good clean matching or similar bikes. I will be a fight, but you will need to show market value and repalcement bike costs to fight and win against them.

Take care and recover for another trip at another time.

Bill

Golf&Venture, I am very sorry to hear that you went down. I did tell you specifically to call me if anything happened, or if you need any help. I was not kidding. I have to be down in that area anyway, and am leaving Olympia in about 1 hour...so call my cell number I gave you, and talk to me. I will be riding through Vacaville today, spending the night in Fairfield. Going to San Jose tomorrow, then to Auburn in the afternoon. I will be coming back on late Sunday, spending the night in Yreka, then home on Monday.

If you need ANYTHING...call me dammit...that is what I am here for.

It is always a bad thing to go down, and break bones, pride, and the bike. But qwhat a perfect excuse to upgrade to a 2nd generation Venturer, eh?

Miles