IGNORED

Colorado Wild Fire

Bobby G

The wife and I just got back from 5 days in Colorado Springs - - what a fabulous part of the country. Unfortunately, we were saddened to witness the start of what is now a totally out of control wildfire just west of the city in an area called Waldo Canyon. We just got to the top of Pikes Peak on Saturday morning via the Cog Railway when the fire broke out, and it spread like crazy in just one hour. See the pics to see what I mean.

Right after we got down to the bottom, they were closing just about everything in the entire area, including the Garden of the Gods which we really wanted to see.

I definitely want to go back someday on the bikes, but when it's a little cooler - - it was 97 to 103 while we were there, and virtually no humidity and 30+ mph winds. the perfect storm for wildfires.

Yeah, tell me about it. There are 8 fires burning in the state now. I'm getting sick of waking up to the smell of burnt wood permeating the house!

This whole week we're supposed to be in the 100s. It did rain in Fort Collins and Loveland last night but not a lot. On and off for about 20 min. and I hear that they got nothing in the foothills where the fires are. Something is better than nothing though.

I can only imagine what the air quality is like in Colorado and points east. 2-3 years ago when California was on fire I drove up to Shoshone Id., for my grandson's wedding, and didn't get out of the haze until I reached Twin Falls. Going over the Sierras early in the AM, it was like fog..... It just didn't burn off....

i tried to send tropical storm debby yall's way but those hardley riders in FL wont turn her lose :confused24: something about having to wash some oil away or down or off not sure :no-no-no: seriously hope things get better and the fire get under control out there its some real pretty country up there been through in a big truck never on a bike would love to see it on a bike :322: