IGNORED

la pryor the ambassador

Snarley Bill

i'm sitting here with tears in my eyes writing this. i just talked to la on the phone, and he is'nt doing to well. i know he will be mad at me for posting this but i think all his friends should know. he has'nt been on the site since last december cuz he does'nt want folks to feel sorry for him. he said he does'nt go much farther than the grocery store any more. it's hard for me to picture the ambassador not out on the road heading to visit with one of us. i don't know if he gets on the computer anymore at all. but his phone number is on the members list. he is a true friend and i really miss riding with him and his drop in visits. i just wanted everyone to know his situation even if he does'nt. he sounded really depressed cuz he can't do the things he really loves anymore. maybe some of us can cheer him up a little. bill

Hi Bill,

I called him a few times, and he is depressed.

I was really hoping that once I got his bike fixed for him that he and I would be able to ride one more time together. When I picked his bike up and took it back to him, I sat on his front porch with him for about 4 hours. He showed signs of loss of strength, and not able to walk far without loosing his balance.

I knew then that he would most likely never ride again. He showed up at Vogel in his little car. I spoke to him then, and could see sadness in his face that he could not ride but I could tell he sure wanted to.

He stayed at our place a few times on his way to wherever he was going.

He always had a home in Alabama..

Like many on the site here, I was blessed to know him and was able to ride several times with him.

The ambasador ......will always be the ambasador. :thumbsup2:

Bill thanks for the update.

I will always love that crotchety old man. In the short time that I have know him I have come to feel that we are kindred spirits and that he brings love, and hope to everyone he visits.

I am truly blessed to call him my friend

Feel sorry for him?????...... Hell I envy the man.

Be well my friend, and be with us when you can because we are with you always.

With respect

Bubber

Thanks for sharing this news Bill thou we surely hate to hear/see La in his present condition. While I haven't spent a lot of time with La I surely enjoyed being with him when I was in his presence, the last time at Bill's Eureka Springs rally. Like many here I envied the man for his care free traveling ways, heading off on his bike whenever it took his fancy or where the wind blew him. The first time I met La was at the Fort Collins, Colorado International Rally.

Peace to you La as you'll always be remembered.

God Bless

Larry

Really missed seeing Lowell at MD, he is without a doubt one of my favorite characters, and I mean that in the kindest of ways. Hope the Drs can get you feeling alittle better Lowell and hopefully you decide to visit the site more often. All the best to you while dealing with your health issues.

Craig:080402gudl_prv:

Sorry to hear about his set back.

He made it to the Pork in the Pines last year and I thought his health was improving.

Could always count on him to brighten my mornings with his E-mails.

Wishing him all the best for an improvement in his condition as he needs to be around a lot longer so I have someone to keep me out of trouble with the ladies..... :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

:15_8_211[1]:

I met LA at the first Vogel I hosted back in 05, he was a character and we hit it off really good, even though I did stand him up in Atlanta, where we were supposed to meet and go to a M/C show. He has been a guest here quite a few times, on occasion he has show up out of the blue, and we had great visits when he came. I am so sorry to hear he is doing poorly, he always had a smile on his face and a great story to tell. Last time I saw him was last year at Vogel in his little white sports car, he seemed pretty good then, but not well enough to ride his bike, Charlene and I will keep LA in our prayers we love the big guy and hope things get better for him. Hang in there Lowell, you got a big family here praying and pulling for you.

It is sad to hear the old rascal isn't doing well. Lowell is a one of a kind and he knew the day would come when he couldn't ride anymore. He always said he was doing things while he could because he didn't know when he wouldn't be able to do it anymore. I wont feel sorry for him but I do feel admiration. He has touched the lives of thousands of people and that is something most of us will never be able to do. Ride on Lowell we do miss you on here.